This job posting is no longer active.
Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a Insurance Verifier Full Time with HCA Healthcare you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
HCA Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the HCA Healthcare family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Insurance Verifier Full Time to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As an Insurance Verifier, you will contribute to the company’s mission, vision, and values by verifying benefits and collecting patient information for scheduled surgery center patients. Under the supervision of the CBO Director or Business Office Manager, you will be responsible for payment collection and reimbursement.
What you will do in this role:
- You will obtain insurance pre-certification, verification, and interview patients prior to surgery
- You will verify patient eligibility, authorizations, benefits, and claim information with insurance companies and 3rd party payers
- You are responsible for identifying patient accounts based on PPO, HMO, or other Managed Care Organizations
- You will contact patients and provide updates on benefit verification information and financial responsibility
- You will update the patient communication module, AdvantX, with appropriate authorization and benefit information
- You are responsible for creating financial arrangements, alongside management, when a patient is unable to complete payment
Qualifications you will need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- One year of college or courses in secretarial skills preferred
- One or more years of working experience in a healthcare environment performing clerical duties, business office functions, or billing duties in a hospital or physician practice setting required
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the
delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Insurance Verifier Full Time opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.