This job posting is no longer active.
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Transporter opening with Las Palmas Medical Center today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
Las Palmas Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) Transporter for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Responsible for the safe and timely transportation of patients from one department to another. Ensures completion of all preoperative actions. Assists nursing and ancillary departments with patient movements and lifts. Assists nursing staff with patient movements for the purpose of patient care and comfort. Communicates effectively with hospital staff, medical staff and patient family members.
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served for radiologic exams: Skeletal and all body systems including but not limited to: pulmonary, cardiac, cardiovascular, GI, GU, GYN, Oncology, etc.
- Under the direction of the Manger, Environmental Services, transporters are responsible for the safe and timely transportation of patients from nursing and ancillary departments. Adhering to the three fundamental goals of Transportation; (1) to transport patients safely, (2) assure completion of preoperative actions, and (3) communicate effectively with hospital staff, and patient family members.
- Transporters are responsible for compliance with all administrative, nursing and transportation department’s policies and procedures.
- Assists in all nursing areas with patient lifts, transfers, and patient’s movements dealing with patient comfort and care.
- Responsible for the retrieval of supplies and equipment needed to facilitate the transfer, safety and well being of patients and staff. (i.e., portable suction machines, portable O2, protective clothing and mask).
- Liable for the delivery of patient charts, x-ray films, and the notification of appropriate personnel as to the patients’ location at all times. (Patient’s nurse, monitor tech, radiology tech, etc.).
- Responsible for adhering to Infection Control policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the completion of Skill Level Competencies. (Oxygenation of patients and Body Mechanics and Lifting techniques).
- Required to maintain a current CPR certification to fulfill job related tasks.
- Strictly adheres to the hospital’s Mission and Values and patient Care Path, responding to the needs of the patient.
- Communicates, cooperates and performs related duties with other members of the hospital staff in a courteous and efficient manner to achieve overall hospital goals and objectives, maintaining the hospital’s integrity towards its mission and values.
- Responds to requests from patients, physicians and visitors in a courteous and efficient manner, demonstrates positive interpersonal skills.
- Completes a Defensive Driving Course annually.
- Comply with all safety driving standards set by law and maintains a safe driving record.
- Responds to all codes with exception to Code Blue.
- Performs individually, or as a team member, during inclement weather as assigned, observing safe driving standards for extreme hazardous weather conditions, using snow chains, and equipment to accomplish the task at hand.
- 16. Transporters are to exhibit a positive form of communication skills when dealing with patients, both verbally and non-verbally
- 17. Other duties as assigned
- REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from High School or equivalent.
- Experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Las Palmas Medical Centeris a 300+ bed full-service hospital in El Paso. It is home to the region’s only kidney transplant center. The facility offers a range of services including emergency care with a Level III trauma center, cardiac care, women’s services, pediatric care and NICU, cancer care, and more. Las Palmas Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Transporter opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.