Are you looking for a work environment as a Manager of Medical Staff Services where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with Medical City Dallas today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the Medical City Healthcare team.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Medical City Dallas, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We are seeking a Manager of Medical Staff Services for our facility to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and we are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
- Oversees Medical Staff Office activities across Medical City Dallas, Medical City Children’s, and Medical City Heart & Spine hospitals
- Manages the Medical Staff coordinators and office workflow
- Assists in compliance with accrediting agencies (CMS, Joint Commission) and overall knowledge of applicable federal & state statutes, Medical Staff Bylaws, Credentialing policies.
- Responsible for preparation of Emergency Department call schedules for all covering specialties
- Skilled in interpersonal relationships to work with colleagues in Quality Management, Administrative Leadership, and physicians in a cooperative manner, often in sensitive situations (e.g. peer review).
- Overseas Credentialing processes and serves as resource for current regulatory requirements and compliance
- Prepares Medical Staff meeting agendas, provides appropriate notifications to physicians, and facilitates at meetings to include preparation of correspondence and relating issues between Sections, Departments & Committees as required
- Encourages staff self-development by mentoring, coaching, and motivational strategies, communicates effectively with staff
- Performs quality analysis on work processes (audits) and identifies areas in need of performance improvement
- Performs annual employee evaluations in conjunction with Director
- Supports goals, policies & procedures of Department set forth by Director, supports organizational mission, vision & values
- Works independently with little or no supervision; displays a positive & professional demeanor
- Has the ability to recognize situations which require involvement from management
- Edits Medical Staff Newsletter and Administrative Report monthly by gathering information of interest from designated departments
- Manages catering for Medical Staff meetings monthly
- Coordinates annual Medical Staff nomination & election process
- Manages the Medical Staff website on line and produces Medical Staff photobook
- Performs other projects and duties as assigned by Director
- Develops and implements special project for the overall Department to include Credentialing Processes, Medical Staff programs and processes, policies, etc.
Medical City Dallas is an award-winning, 899-bed hospital recognized for its leading-edge medical facilities and commitment to excellence in patient care. Located in Dallas, Texas, the medical team consists of more than 1,700 physicians, many of whom are world-renowned experts in their fields. Medical City Dallas offers hospitals that specialize in the care of children, women, and adults, as well as the heart and spine. Together we form a team that is focused on high-quality care delivered safely in an environment filled with compassion and service.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Manager of Medical Staff Services opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
- Five years in Medical Staff Office setting. Good communication skills in verbally & in writing, knowledge of medical terminology, PC skills to include word processing and familiarity with Joint Commission standards.
- CPMSM and/or CPCS, preferred, BS degree, preferred
- Experience with Medical Staff database, preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.