Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Surgical First Assistant? At HCA Florida West Tampa Hospital, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
HCA Florida West Tampa Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Surgical First Assistant like you to be a part of our team.
Surgical Technologist First Assist
Our Surgical Service teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. As a Surgical Tech First Assist you will work directly with the surgeon in the operating room. You may scrub and assist the physician during procedures. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity.
Your responsibilities and tasks may include:
· You will assist before during and after surgical procedures - providing retraction, manipulation of tissues, homeostasis and other functions to ensure good visualization of the surgical field and optimal results for the patient.
· You may perform ligation and approximation of tissues, clamp and electrocautery application.
· You may assist in the preparation of patients, positioning and the application of casts, immobilizers or tourniquets.
· You may apply surgical dressings and drainage and you might even close wounds for the surgeon.
· You may assist the RN in technical functions related to patient care in the OR.
· Graduate of a CAAHEP program and the State of Florida Surgical Assistant Program OR Medical School Graduate OR an allied health professional with 2250 hours of surgical rotation.
· Current certification having completed 350 cases and 2 years of experience in the last 4 years
· BLS approves by American Heart Association
· Must be able to lift 100 pounds and routinely carry 50 pounds
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
For over 40 years, HCA Florida South Tampa Hospital has been providing comprehensive healthcare services. We provide high-quality medical care. We also provide surgery, outpatient therapies, and acute care. With a team of skilled colleagues, it’s no wonder we have a reputation for excellence. The over 180-bed acute care hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission. We provide 24-hour Emergency Care, Behavioral Healthcare, and Cardiovascular Services. We also provide General Surgery and Imaging & Diagnostic Services. As South Tampa Hospital and ER, we provide high quality, advanced care. We are one of the best-performing hospitals in the Tampa Bay area. We believe excellent people make excellence happen. If this sounds like the type of meaningful work you’d like to be a part of, we hope you’ll consider our careers at South Tampa Hospital.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for ten consecutive years (2010-2019). In 2019, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Surgical First Assistant opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.