Registered Nurse (RN) Endoscopy
Unit: GI Lab
Work Schedule: PRN - On Call
*must be experienced in the procedure room*
Performs Direct infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act, with emphasis on Endoscopy specific care.
• Use therapeutic communication in daily practice
• Plan, implement, evaluate and direct care, using the Nursing Process, with emphasis on the needs of the individual Endoscopy patient
• Provide emotional support of the patient and significant others to make informed choices regarding health care.
• Delegate tasks as appropriate
• Perform all duties utilizing Patient Experience strategies such as AIDET
• Participate in Endoscopy specific initiatives and process improvement
• Promote a supportive, safe, and therapeutic environment
• Provide supervision and orientation of new employees as assigned
• Support the mission, vision, and values of the organization
• Participate in department specific requirements as indicated
• Graduate of an accredited school of Professional Nursing required
• Two years of Acute Care nursing experience
• Previous Endoscopy or procedural nursing required!
• Current licensure by the State of Texas or from a Compact State if you declare the Compact State your Primary State of Residence required
• BSN preferred
• Specialty Certification preferred
• Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross BLS required
• Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross ACLS within 90 days of hire/transfer required
In compliance with the emergency regulation issued by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) dated November 4, 2021, and company policy, this role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations, or to have applied for a medical or religious exemption (including booster for California).
What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare in the most compassionate way possible.Learn more about HCA Healthcare chevron_right
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.