Work Schedule: Full-Time, Day Shifts from 7am-7pm with Rotating Weekends
Location: Medical City Dallas Hospital
Our medical team consists of more than 1,200 physicians, many of whom are recognized as the world’s best in their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City from all over the United States and more than 75 other countries for the sophisticated treatment offered by our 400+ in-house physician specialists. Medical City offers a full-service adult hospital and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, as well as numerous outpatient clinics and diagnostic centers. Our providers have access to state-of-the-art technology and are pioneering new medical procedures every day to accommodate patient needs. We operate as a 796-bed tertiary care center, and we hope from the moment you walk through our doors, you will notice the Medical City difference.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and growth opportunities. Our benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Neurodiagnostic Technician Job Summary:
This position involves the cognitive and psychomotor skills necessary to monitor and interpret data for physicians. The ability to set-up, prepare the patient, monitor actual study in various care settings, and complete post study work is essential.
- Ability to care for all age groups, and exercise judgment within the guidelines of the plan of care and departmental policy.
- Ability to use several pieces of equipment and perform multiple technical
- Able to make discriminating observations regarding EEG data and general patient clinical state and report to appropriate nursing and physician personnel as needed.
- Willing to acquire new skills under direction of registered technologists.
- Demonstrates acquisition of knowledge and skill through demonstration and verbalization to END Supervisor or designee.
- Participates in maintaining equipment, making minor repairs and reporting need for repair to END Supervisor.
- Participates in maintenance and cleaning of equipment and workspaces.
- Attends and participates in education, meetings within the department.
Neurodiagnostic Technician Job Requirements:
High school graduate with some post-secondary or college education in a science or health related area.
Education relative to position in neurophysiology department required.
At least 1 year experience in EEG preferred.
Current American Heart Associated BLS provider.
Registered in EEG by ABRET is preferred.