Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our EVS Asst opening with HCA Florida JFK Hospital today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
HCA Florida JFK Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) EVS Asst for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
The EVS Team Member works under the direction of EVS Management and performs the following general duties as assigned:
· Provides cleaning services as directed with consideration for Patients, their family and friends
· Demonstrates understanding and respect for the personal dignity and values of all patients and visitors
· Ensures compliance with all required process and procedural steps
· Adheres to Infection Control policies and procedures,
· Maintains a clean and safe patient environment at all times
· Promotes efficient performance of all the EVS required duties.
· Follows all hospital and departmental policies and procedures related to the housekeeping function.
· Reads, understands and follows manufacturer's directions, complies with MSDS requirements, and follows Supervisor's, Director's or manufacturer's representative's additional directions, as appropriate for all chemicals and equipment used, both for personal safety, the safety of others and the protection of objects being cleaned.
· When entering an occupied patient room, observes patient’s rights by announcing himself or herself before entering.
· Consistently demonstrates a positive attitude.
· Fosters team work by offering assistance to others.
· Provides positive welcome to all clients and family members.
· Acknowledges and responds tactfully to all requests.
· Shows consideration in interaction with patients, family and other health care team members by demonstrating therapeutic listening skills and cooperation.
· Communicates and interacts with others in a professional, responsible, cooperative, and positive manner at all times.
· Protects confidentiality of hospital and patient information.
· Protects physical assets used in job, using supplies sparingly and accounting for them accurately, and protecting and maintaining equipment used.
· Follows proper procedures for tagging and turning in found personal property.
· Always posts wet floor sign when wet mopping floors or when liquids or spills are found on floors.
· Is alert to safety hazards and notifies supervisor or Plant Operations as appropriate of any potential hazards found. Documents in writing as necessary.
· Completes assigned duties within shift.
· Notifies supervisor of any duties which, for any reason, could not be completed within shift so that they may be attended to during the next shift.
· Assists in other duties or areas of the department or hospital as requested.
· Two years’ experience providing environmental services in a healthcare environment preferred.
· Ability to read, write and converse in English required.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida JFK Hospital was named in honor of our 35th president. We have grown and have four Palm Beach County locations. Our main campus is a 558-bed acute care facility. We are known for services including: emergency services, cardiovascular care, neurosciences and robotic surgery. We offer orthopedic and spine care, bariatrics, behavioral health and obstetrics. HCA Florida JFK Hospital is a Joint Commission certified Primary Stroke Center. We are a certified Ventricular Assist Device program. We are an American College of Cardiology Chest Pain Center. Our hospital is an American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer accredited Comprehensive Community Cancer Program. We offer two off-site ERs in Palm Beach Gardens and West Boynton Beach. They provide the same emergency treatment for adults and children. We are located in the city of Atlantis. We are near the coastal cities of Lake Worth and Boynton Beach. We are by the beach, restaurants and shopping. There is something for everybody. We invite you to join a dynamic team of clinical professionals in a fast-paced environment while living in Palm Beach County.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our EVS Asst opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.