Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as an EMT Coordinator? At St. David’s HealthCare, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
St. David’s HealthCare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated EMT Coordinator like you to be a part of our team.
$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
Job Summary and Qualifications
- Work in a customer-centric transfer and transport call center; respond to all callers with the aid of an electronic database of service profiles, approved clinical protocols and healthcare information.
- Follow specific protocols, policies, procedures, and utilize established resources.
- Work collaboratively with team members ensuring appropriate patient admission.
- Work collaboratively with team members to ensure exceptional consumer experience.
- Efficiently and effectively, manage all hospital transfers and transports.
- Establish and maintain a high degree of awareness and knowledge of hospitals’ medical staff, services, and special programs.
- Exhibit and model exceptional customer relationship behaviors, including telephone and personal contact with all of the call center’s customer groups (i.e. physicians and their office staffs, callers, and fellow employees).
- Maintain composure and customer-centric communication with challenging callers.
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement.”
- All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must be proficient in EMTALA.
- Knowledge of all state/federal regulatory requirements pertaining to ambulance transports
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with physicians and their offices to coordinate admission.
- Problem-solving skills to determine the best course of action, which will be satisfactory to the patient, the physicians, and the hospital.
- Knowledge of basic hospital services.
- Ability to analyze information of a complex nature.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple complex tasks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, Internet searches, and relevant data bases.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to follow through on issues.
- EMT Certificate (required)
- HS Diploma
- Minimum 2 years of clinical or hospital experience required. Must be familiar with basic hospital transfer and admission process.
- Call Center/Transfer Center experience (preferred)
HCA Healthcare (Corporate), based in Nashville, Tennessee, supports a variety of corporate roles from business operations to administrative positions. Like our colleagues in any HCA Healthcare hospital, our corporate campus employees enjoy unparalleled resources and opportunities to reach their potential as healthcare leaders and innovators. From market rate compensation to continuing education and career advancement opportunities, every person has a solid foundation for success. Nashville is also home to our Executive Development Program, where exceptional employees are groomed to take on CNO- and COO-level roles in our hospitals. This selective program focuses on ethics, leadership and the financial and clinical knowledge required of professionals at this level of the industry.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our EMT Coordinator opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.