Are you looking for a work environment as a Lymphedema Occupational Therapist where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with Research Medical Center today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At RMC, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Research Medical Center family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Lymphedema Therapist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
Research Medical Center Brookside Campus is a comprehensive center for outpatient services and 24-hour emergency care. It is located on a 25-acre campus in south Kansas City, Missouri that includes outpatient facilities, medical office buildings, administrative offices, and a comprehensive health and fitness center.
A Lymphedema Occupational Therapist works with patients who have lymphedema, a condition that can cause swelling in multiple parts of the body, usually the arms or legs. A therapist takes on responsibilities involving different techniques such as massages and targeted exercises to manage the swelling caused by lymph fluid.
About this unit:
- Comprehensive outpatient rehabilitation services offered for physical and occupational therapy needs
- Functions as a member of the healthcare team
- The purpose is to provide medically prescribed occupational therapy programs in accordance with national standards and administrative policies of the hospital.
- The goal is to restore function and prevent disability following disease, injury, surgery or loss of a body part in order to allow the patient to perform to his/her maximum ability.
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Missouri State Occupational Therapy License
- Eligible for Lymphedema certification
- American Heart Association Basic Life Saving (BLS) Certificate - Current
At Research Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, RMC embodies the mission and heart of HCA MidAmerica. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. To ensure that we exceed our patients’ health care needs, we staff over 700 doctors who represent 29 medical specialties in our 590-bed facility.
Several of our renowned programs, including Level I Trauma, Sarah Cannon Cancer Care, Grossman Burn Center, Neuroscience Institute and Women’s Care Center, feature advanced technological resources used to diagnose and treat patients. Whether your healthcare needs are urgent and critical or simply routine and preventative, our advanced capabilities allow us to be one of the most comprehensive hospitals in the Kansas City region.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.