Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Hematology Oncology Pharmacy Specialist with TriStar Centennial Medical Center you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
TriStar Centennial Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the TriStar Centennial Medical Center family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Hematology Oncology Pharmacy Specialist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Hematology Oncology Pharmacy Specialist primary responsibilities include:
- Medication therapy management, including daily multidisciplinary rounds, for the Sarah Cannon Cancer Center inpatient hematology service line
- Serve as the clinical pharmacy liaison for inpatient solid tumor chemotherapy orders
- Design/write chemotherapy and supportive care (e.g. antiemetic, pain) regimens
- Provide patient education on chemotherapy and supportive care regimens
- Provide clinical services and drug information to patients, physicians, nurses and other pharmacists
- Completes pharmacy consults/clinical interventions, stewardship of appropriate utilization of medications, integrated operational support, and departmental leadership as required by the position
- Work closely with multidisciplinary team
- Assists in the training, education, and professional development of pharmacists, residents, students, technicians, nurses and medical staff
- Serve as a preceptor for both PGY1 and PGY2 residents, participate in resident projects, medication use evaluations, and teaching opportunities such as topic discussions and journal clubs.
- Serve as a primary preceptor for PGY2 oncology resident
- Develops appropriate, safe, and cost-effective drug therapy protocols and policies
- Assists in medication formulary management and compliance
- Performs other duties as assigned
Secondary responsibilities include:
- Assist and back fill the BMT inpatient and outpatient clinical specialists (e.g. immunosuppression consults, discharge counseling, chemotherapy order writing, chemotherapy counseling)
- Assists with immune effector cell therapy (e.g. CAR T-cells)
- Assist with clinical trials and research through Sarah Cannon Research Institute
What qualifications you will need:
- PGY-2 Oncology preferred and/or 4 years of equivalent experience
- Active Tennessee pharmacist license in good standing or will obtain license within reasonable time
- Will obtain and maintain certification in related area of specialty within 2 years, if not already certified
- Will obtain and maintain BLS and ACLS certification within 1 year
- Interpersonal skills and emphatic communication abilities to successfully interact with patients, physicians, and other healthcare professionals
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
TriStar Centennial Medical Center is a 740+ bed comprehensive facility. We offer medical and surgical programs. These include behavioral health and 24-hour emergency. These also include heart and vascular and imaging. These also include neurosciences, oncology, orthopedics, pediatrics, rehabilitation, sleep disorder, and women's services. We are an affiliate of TriStar Health. TriStar Centennial Medical Center is a 43-acre campus. We are home to TriStar Centennial Heart & Vascular Center. We are home to TriStar Centennial Women's Hospital. Our campus includes The Children's Hospital at TriStar Centennial, Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at TriStar Centennial Medical Center, TriStar Centennial Advanced Joint Replacement Institute and TriStar Centennial Parthenon Pavilion.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for ten consecutive years (2010-2019). In 2019, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Hematology Oncology Pharmacy Specialist opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.