Do you have the career opportunities as a Medical Lab Technician you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Lafayette Regional Health Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At LRHC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Paid Personal Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Medical Laboratory Technician where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
About this Department:
- 5 Bed Critical Access Hospital
- 40,000 to 50,000 cases per year
- Strong Teamwork and excellent cohesiveness across a close-knit team
- Under the general supervision of the Director/Section Manager/Operations Manager/Lead Technologist performs pre-analytic testing responsibilities including clerical duties, date entry, and specimen processing.
- Performs moderate complexity and high complexity testing on blood and body fluids as defined by CLIA 1988.Performs post analytic testing responsibilities including test reporting, verification, investigation of technical, instrumental, and/or physiologic causes of unexpected test results. Monitors quality control. Maintains inventory of supplies and reagents.
- Maintains non-analytic equipment such as refrigerators, freezers, and centrifuges.
- Maintains a safe work area.
- Demonstrates professional work habits, interpersonal skills and great customer service.
- Participates in performance improvement activities, evaluation of new test methodologies/instrumentation, and management of laboratory data.
- Correlates abnormal laboratory data with pathologic states to determine validity and/or whether follow-up tests should be performed.
- Teaches theory and procedures using educational methodology to clinical laboratory science (medical technology) students. Assists with the orientation and training of LTA, LTA, LSC, CLT/MLT, MT Non-registered, and CLS/MT Registered employees.
- The Medical Laboratory Technician analyzes and interprets testing for birth to pediatric, pediatric/child patients between 1 to 11 years of age; adolescent patients between 12 to 17 years of age; adult patients between 18 to 64 years; and geriatric patients 65 years and older.
- This employee may or may not be required to perform specimen collections as defined by their individual competencies.
- Associate degree in laboratory science or related science required. Successful completion of an accredited MLT program OR a 50-week U.S. military medical laboratory training course OR “Grandfathered” as an MLT by CLIA 88.
- MLT/CLT (ASCP) certification or equivalent required OR registry/certification eligible. Registry/certification must be obtained within 1 year of hire.
- Experience preferred
Lafayette Regional Health Center is a 25-bed critical access hospital, accredited by The Joint Commission, located in historic Lexington, MO, 50 miles east of Kansas City. We offer a comprehensive array of services in a small-town environment. Patients enjoy the comfort of knowing they’re receiving quality healthcare in their hometown. In addition to the hospital we also operate three physician clinics in Lafayette County.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Medical Technologist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!