This job posting is no longer active.
Hourly Wage Estimate: $47.54 - $55.14 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered
for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.
Good Samaritan Hospital is a 474 bed acute care hospital in the heart of Silicon Valley, with two locations, the main campus in San Jose, California and the Mission Oaks campus in Los Gatos, California. It is one of only ten hospitals nationwide to be awarded the Outstanding Achievement Award from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer four consecutive times. Good Samaritan is a leader in neurosciences, high-risk obstetrics, advanced cardiology and innovative surgery techniques, and is a Joint Commission-certified Comprehensive Stroke Center and an accredited Chest Pain Center.
We’re hiring top talent today to join an outstanding Surgery Team that strive for excellence in servicing our patients at Good Samaritan Hospital. Interested in joining this team? Apply online now.
SCHEDULE: 0.8 FTE (32 hours per week), SHIFT: Days with rotating weekends.
Under minimal supervision, prepares for surgical procedures and arranges sterile set-up of instrument table according to established procedures. Assists surgeons by passing instruments, medications, supplies, holding retractors, and anticipating surgeons' needs during the course of surgery. Takes responsibility for instruments in the operating room and stores supplies and equipment. Performs quality monitoring and maintains records and. reports results.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of basic anatomy, physiology, operating room and patient safety, body substance isolation, and medical terminology.
- Successful completion of a program in operating room procedures, surgical instrumentation and sterile technique.
- Minimum five years experience in an acute care facility as a Surgical Tech or employed a minimum of six (6) months at Good Samaritan Hospital as a Surgical Tech.
- Current BCLS required.
- Ability and experience precepting both Registered Nurses and Surgical Techs on scrub techniques and knowledge required.
- Reading, writing and communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact with patients, surgeons and other patient care personnel, often during emergency or stressful situations.
- Self motivated and able to function without direct supervision while maintaining accountability for performance. Must be able to react quickly and calmly in an emergency situation. Independently gathers information on new procedures and equipment and presents them to the operating room staff at report or staff meetings.
- Able to anticipate needs of department, surgeons and patients and secure appropriate results.
- Analytical and concentration skills to organize prepare and execute the technical tasks required.
- Able to stand for long periods of time. Must be able to stoop, reach and lift at least fifty pounds.
- Ability to assume responsibility for one or more operating room service lines and acts as a resource for that service, it’s procedures, instrumentation, surgeon’s preferences and maintain the services supplies.
- Ability to correct computerized preference cards as needed and enters the changes.
- Ability to work with equipment and supply reps to evaluate products, acts as liaison for the surgeons.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility-based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.