This job posting is no longer active.
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Paramedic ED Transport? At HCA Florida Brandon Hospital, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
HCA Florida Brandon Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Paramedic ED Transport like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
We are seeking a Paramedic for our Transport Services Team. As our Paramedic, the primary duty will be the safe and effective treatment and transport of patients on the Transport Services’ Ambulance.
Delegated tasks may include:
- You will respond to EMS Call-Center requests, prioritize patient care, coordinate with other healthcare providers, and facilitate transport appropriately.
- You will function with the free standing Brandon Hospital Emergency Departments and the main Brandon Hospital Emergency Department.
- While working in the Emergency Departments, you will collect and convey information to both your team members and the attending Physician regarding the health status of patients.
- You will provide care in the out of hospital setting, serving as the primary care provider during interfacility transports.
- You will assess, plan, implement intervention, and evaluate the appropriate level of patient care.
- You will maintain competence in thorough patient care documentation and use of both EMS PCR and ED software.
- You will perform EMS hand off reports at facility destinations and report appropriately to nursing staff and ED physicians.
- Ensures readiness of ambulance and all associated equipment for service.
- Must be a graduate of approved Paramedic program. Associates Degree in Emergency Medical Services/Paramedic or a Certificate of program completion in Emergency Medical Services (EMT/Paramedic) is required
- Current State of Florida Paramedic License
- American Heart Association ACL, BLS, PALS
- EVOC-Emergency Vehicle Operations Course completion certificate, or equivalent required
- FEMA-100, 200, 700, 800 preferred
- ITLS-International Trauma Life Support provider card preferred
- CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) training required for Behavioral Health
- One year experience as Paramedic in the field or Hospital setting preferred
What qualifications you will need:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- PALS Pediatric Adv Life Supt must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Emergency Medical Paramedic (EMP)
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Brandon Hospital is a 400 bed acute care hospital in Brandon, FL. We offer many services including a heart & vascular center, behavioral health center and a women’s center. Our women’s center includes a 36 bed neonatal intensive care unit. We have a reflux center and a bariatric center. We are dedicated to quality and devoted to our community. We have been named a top 100 hospital in America many times. Our intensive care unit has been named a top 100 ICU. Join our friendly hospital with its caring staff located just south of Tampa. We are proud of our colleagues who contribute to the care and services of patients. Whether it is clinical care or our support staff, everyone has an important role in contributing to the health of our community. We hope you’ll consider a career at HCA Florida Brandon Hospital.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Paramedic ED Transport opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.