This job posting is no longer active.
Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Surgical Technician with Alaska Regional Hospital you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
Alaska Regional Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Alaska Regional Hospital family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Surgical Technician to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
- As a Surgical Technician in the Operating Room you will deliver high quality, patient centered care as you assist staff during operative and invasive procedures. You will ensure the operating room is adequately prepared for procedures and act as a preceptor for other techs as needed. Our team supports each other like family and we are looking for someone who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. In this role:
- You will be competent in the knowledge, skills and abilities to fulfill the scrub technician activities in the operating room as defined by AORN standards.
- You will work with Housekeeping and Central Processing staff to clean the Operating Rooms and equipment between patients following facility policies and procedures.
- You will participate in safety initiates to ensure correct surgery inpatient identification, and verification of the procedure to be performed within the OR when the patient is present and prior to the surgical prep.
- You will rely on previous experience to anticipate and meet the needs of the surgeon.
- You will count all sponges, needles and instruments with the circulating RN on all surgical procedures done in the Operating Room following facility policies and procedures. In the event a sponge/needle count is incorrect, the circulating RN will inform the attending surgeon and the Anesthesiologist and a course of action will be determined and the action will be documented on the Operating Room Record as defined by facility policies and procedures.
- You will follow patient and employee safety/security policies and protocols, including hand hygiene, use of universal precautions, use of personal protective equipment, and adherence to isolation procedures.
- You will consistently assist the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well- stocked/organized, and safe patient care environment.
What qualifications you will need:
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification.
- Surgical Technologist Certificate preferred (CST) or equivalent.
- Completion of surgical technologist course or comparable experience.
- 1 – 3 Years Previous OR Tech Experience Required.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Healthcare’s Alaska Regional Hospital is known for our expertise, compassion and skills. We are committed to delivering patient-centered care to every patient on every visit for our 250 plus bed facility. Year after year, Alaska Regional receives 5-star ratings for heart attack treatment, bowel obstruction treatment, and colorectal surgery.
Based in Anchorage, Alaska Regional is located in a thriving community offering plenty of opportunities to capitalize on the Alaskan lifestyle. Alaska offers some of the most incredible scenic beauty around the world which draws visitors year-round who come for a vacation and end up making Alaska home.
We are part of the HCA Healthcare network - which includes more than 300 affiliate facilities across the country – offering our colleagues the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA Healthcare and Alaska Regional are inspired by our mission to care for and improve human life to create a positive impact in our community.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Surgical Technician opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.