Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At HCA Florida Capital Hospital our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Med Tele PRN RN to join our healthcare family.
HCA Florida Capital Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At HCA Florida Capital Hospital, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse’s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Med Tele PRN RN opportunity.
Provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
1. Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
2. Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
3. Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
4. Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
5. Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
6. Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
7. Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
8. Maybe subject to unscheduled workdays to meet the needs of the unit.
9. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
10. Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
11. Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
12. Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
13. Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
14. Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
15. Other duties as assigned.
A. Core Competencies:
1. Service: Strives to meet expectations/needs of customers; responds to concerns with sense of urgency; seeks win-win solutions for unreasonable patient/customer expectations
2. Quality/Ethics/Integrity: Seeks opportunities for improvement; prevents small problems from becoming large ones; pays attention to detail; follows instructions and protocol/procedures; adheres to company code of conduct; maintains integrity in all aspects of his/her work
3. Relationships: Builds effective working relationships; finds and provides information to clarify situations; expands on original ideas; contributes own ideas; places high priority on other team members’ goals; gains team agreement to support ideas; clearly explains rationale behind ideas/goals; demonstrates sensitivity to differing cultural views and needs; meets attendance and punctuality requirements
4. Adaptability: Seeks to understand changes in work tasks/processes; actively seeks information about new tasks/processes; treats change and new tasks/processes as opportunities for learning and personal growth; speaks positively about changes to others; quickly modifies behavior to deal effectively with change
B. Job Specific: As defined in department specific competencies
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
· Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing required
· Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
· 1-3 Years Acute care experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
· Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders
· Knowledge of universal precautions
· Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
· Basic computer skills
· RN-Basic arrhythmia test recognition – have upon hire or within 30 days of hire with a 90% passing score
The Medical-Telemetry Unit is a 44 bed unit located on the 8th floor of Capital Regional Medical Center. The unit is designed to accommodate the following patient population: adult and geriatric patients covering a general range of medical conditions which may need continuous monitoring of their cardiovascular status, pre surgical patients, patients undergoing diagnostic evaluation, and other patients with acute and chronic medical conditions. The most common cases include:
Patients undergoing evaluation of cardiovascular status
Patients with acute and chronic cardiovascular disease
Patients who have undergone diagnostic procedures
The competencies identified for this position are summarized and reviewed periodically throughout employment. The required behaviors and measurement associated with core, job specific, age specific, and management (if applicable) competencies and are maintained in the department education file.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Capital Hospital is a 288-bed acute care hospital. We are a fully accredited healthcare facility with more than 1,400 employees and 500 providers. We deliver 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties. This includes a Pediatric ER and an Express Care ER. We offer a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, and Chest Pain Center w/PCI. We have a Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Our hospital offers an Orthopedic/Spine Center, Physical Therapy Services, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, and Wound Healing Center. We offer a Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices. Our network of physicians is committed to offering advanced healthcare services with a compassionate, patient-focused approach.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Med Tele PRN RN opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.