This job posting is no longer active.
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Cloud Infrastructure Architect today with HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a Cloud Infrastructure Architect. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
The Cloud Infrastructure Architect role is a great opportunity for anyone passionate about technology and innovation looking to join a highly collaborative, team-oriented organization. You will be responsible for building strong relationships with HCA ITG leaders, project managers, enterprise architects, and other technical teams for delivering products and services to meet their needs while adhering to industry best practices and HCA Policies and Guidelines.
You will work closely with various areas of the enterprise to define, architect, and enable the delivery of cloud services and solutions, focusing on infrastructure as code (IAC) across a multi-tiered, multi cloud strategy. These responsibilities require the candidate to have a deep understanding of:
You will interact daily with the following departments:
- Infrastructure as Code
- Lifecycle Configuration management
- Disaster Recovery / High Availability
- Google Cloud
- Amazon Web Services
- Microsoft Azure
- Application Product teams
- Business Partners
- Enterprise Architecture
- Security Architecture
- Information Privacy and Protection
- Demonstrate leadership ability to back decisions with research and the “why” as well as articulate several options, the pros and cons for each, and a recommendation.
- Demonstrate knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability)
- Demonstrate knowledge of DevOps tool chains and processes
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to the organization for multi-cloud end-to-end architecture, including Google, Microsoft Azure, and/or AWS
- Help educate HCA business units and mentor engineers/developers on best practices and use of cloud technologies.
- Migrate complex, multi-tier applications to public cloud
- Design, optimize, and document the operational aspects of the Cloud platform
- Work closely with customers to develop robust and reusable configuration management components
- Maintain Overall industry knowledge on latest trends, technology, and solutions when it comes to cloud environments.
- Develop solutions architecting and evaluate architectural alternatives for public and hybrid cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud services
- Identify and research emerging technologies across clouds and edge
- Define optimal design patterns and solutions for high availability and disaster recovery applications.
- Drive scope definition, requirements analysis, functional and technical design, application build, product configuration, unit testing, and production deployment
- Ensure delivered solutions meet/perform to technical and functional/non-functional requirements
- Provide technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of an issue, including the determination and provision of workaround solution or escalation to service owners
- Ensure delivered solutions are realized in time frame committed; work in conjunction with project sponsors to size and manage scope and risk
- Provide support and technical governance, expertise related to cloud architectures, deployment, and operations
- Develop, document, and manage enterprise technical standards alongside the Cloud Center of Excellence for the use, deployment, support, and governance of cloud technologies.
- Lead and/or participate on a team designing, developing and testing IaC solutions for IaaS and PaaS solutions for on-prem or Cloud platforms
- Stay abreast of cloud technologies, capabilities, and industry use of cloud to help guide HCA’s strategy and adoption.
- Partner with our cloud vendors to provide feedback and shape product roadmaps to meet our needs
- Develop documentation utilizing standardized templates including: Installation and Configuration Guides, design, and engineering plans.
- Write other non-templated documentation as needed to support tasks like: process and procedures documents for operational support, lessons learned, diagrams, systems administration guidelines, systems set-up documentation, hardware integration test plans and results.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Bachelors Degree or Architect Level Cloud Certification – AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Minimum of 13 years of experience in Core background spanning at least two IT disciplines, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations or Minimum of 5 years of experience in deploying and supporting critical applications to a cloud solution in a senior engineer role for a mid-sized organization or larger
- Experience as a team lead preferred
- Experience in multi cloud platforms – Azure, AWS, GCP
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Knowledge of all components of an technical architecture
- Knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes
Occasional Travel: The job may require travel from time- to-time, but not on a regular basis.
ITG transforms healthcare and gives people healthier tomorrows. We deliver information technology strategy, support, and solutions. ITG improve and enhance patient care and business operations. We deliver services at administrative locations, data centers, and hospitals. The facilities we support are located in 20+ states and the United Kingdom. Our team works to move healthcare forward. We do this by seeking, embracing, developing, and delivering technology for patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Cloud Infrastructure Architect opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.