Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Manager Financial Quality Assurance today with HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a Manager Financial Quality Assurance. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Financial Quality Assurance (FQA) department provides an internal assessment function to validate management control systems and to support corporate management in the effective discharge of their responsibilities and efforts to achieve the Physician Services Group’s (PSG) overall mission. The FQA Manager will be responsible for leading and managing assessments of comprehensive business process, financial reporting, and information technology (IT) system controls. A heavy emphasis is placed on working in a team environment to develop value-added recommendations and process improvements, while auditing the control environment surrounding the organization’s business and financial reporting processes. The FQA Team test work includes a variety of assurance services, including financial and controls audits of physician practices, division, and operational controls and processes. In addition, the FQA Team is responsible for the completion of balance sheet reviews, continuous auditing projects, accounts receivable, uncompensated care & 3rd party reserve hindsight reviews, and Sarbanes-Oxley test work. Some travel may be required, depending on projects assigned.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Leads design and execution of control assessments, documentation, and consulting projects.
- Produces meaningful workpapers, reports, and evaluations of financial and information system controls.
- Review work of FQA staff when serving as project lead.
- Interactions with: FQA team, Accounting personnel, Automation team, IT&S, and Corporate Internal Audit, Field Operations and PSG Finance.
- Manages assessment engagements providing supervision on more challenging financial/operational healthcare reviews and office-based projects.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of increasingly complex accounting, auditing, and healthcare concepts.
- Understands HCA’s business and the healthcare industry from a global perspective by recognizing business trends and emerging technical and industry developments of relevance and communicates these to the project engagement team, internal clients, and applicable management personnel.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with applicable client personnel, particularly executives and key personnel at our PSG facilities and division offices.
- Continuously improves our clients’ satisfaction by identifying and addressing their needs through inquiries, listening to their responses, and suggesting action.
- Communicates assessment and project objectives to the client management team and establishes team member roles.
- Prepares executives summaries of assessment results and clearly/effectively communicates to client management personnel.
- Manages the work of staff member(s) by assigning work and monitoring the progress of assessment fieldwork.
- Reviews working papers and memoranda for consistency with applicable authoritative guidance and department standards.
- Oversees effective on-the-job training for all engagement team members and provides constructive feedback and coaching.
- When applicable, conducts performance evaluations for staff assigned to their engagements and identifies key performers at these levels.
- Serves as a mentor to staff to help them reach their full potential – including conducting meaningful and annual performance reviews, serving as a positive role model, and assisting them in designing and implementing individual career development plans.
- Stays abreast of company-wide initiatives and effectively evaluates impact on the planned project approach.
- Utilizes and encourages the use of computer-based tools to continually develop innovative assessment approaches and enhance FQA services.
- Develops strategies to improve assessment effectiveness and efficiency and proposes modifications to current procedures.
- Leads team discussions and instructs various sessions for training and/or orientation sessions.
- Continually develops technical accounting, auditing, and management skills and maintains professional affiliations.
- Leads efforts related to other educational and administrative matters (e.g. professional development programs, process improvement team initiatives, recruiting efforts, and special projects).
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient with spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Superior client service and business development skills.
- Dedication to teamwork and leadership.
- Ability to work well with deadlines and related time pressure.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Business Administration degree with major in Accounting, Auditing, Finance or related field is required.
- CPA or CIA strongly preferred.
- Three to Seven years work experience in an audit capacity is preferred, Three to Seven years work experience in Accounting is required.
- Experience in healthcare is preferred; public accounting (Big 4) is a plus.
- Supervisory experience.
Physician Services Group is skilled in physician employment, practice and urgent care operations. We are experts in hospitalist integration, and graduate medical education. We lead more than 1,300 physician practices and 170+ urgent care centers. We are HCA Healthcare’s graduate medical education leader. We provide direction for over 260 exceptional resident and fellowship programs. We focus on carrying out value-added solutions. These solutions help physicians deliver patient-centered healthcare. We support HCA Healthcare's commitment to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Manager Financial Quality Assurance opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This position is incentive eligible.