Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Cytotechnologist today with Austin Diagnostic Clinic.
Austin Diagnostic Clinic, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Cytotechnologist. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
We are seeking a(n) Cytotechnologist who is under the direct supervision of a technical or general supervisor, performs cytology screening, related documentation functions, and processing of non-gynecological and gynecological specimens accurately and in a timely manner to provide information for patient care. The Cytotechnologist performs both routine and specialized procedures requiring independent judgment. The Cytotechnologist exercises initiative in dealing with technical and procedural problems. The Cytotechnologist demonstrates a willingness to be an integral part of a highly motivated and professional group.
What you will do:
1. Performs all duties and responsibilities of a Cytotechnologist, including processing cytologic specimens and documenting interpretation results of each specimen examined under guidelines of regulations.
2. Accurately evaluate, mark and interpret cytological specimens according to legislative and regulatory guidelines.
3. Adhere to the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and Austin Diagnostic Clinic (ADC) established diagnostic benchmarks.
4. Verify patient and specimen identification before specimen preparation begins.
5. Verify all required/requested adjacent procedures are performed according to protocol (i.e., flow cytometry, cell blocks).
6. Performs, documents, re-screens and provides feedback to cytologists on selected cytology cases including new hire monitoring, retrospective review of prior
negatives, and other additional Quality Control monitoring.
7. Coordinates follow-up of abnormal cytology cases including historical review,
required documentation, and communication with the appropriate physician.
8. Maintains extensive knowledge of cytology, assists pathologists.
10. Adhere to quality control and quality assurance procedures involving equipment, reagents, stains, specimens and diagnostic results daily.
11. Adhere to the HIPPA policy, maintain patient confidentially and follow protected health information policy/guidelines when communicating with others involved in the health care of a patient.
12. Assist in re-screening/over-screening gynecological specimens of other Cytotechnologists for quality control purposes.
13. Evaluates and maintains quality assurance program including departmental,
and staff statistics/reports and accuracy of required logs to ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations.
14. Teaches and trains appropriate staff in the preparation and processing of all cytology specimens following established procedures.
15. Maintains, reviews and updates policy and procedure manuals, communicating
revisions to appropriate staff to ensure technical compliance and CAP inspection readiness.
16. Completes required continuous training and education required by regulatory
agencies and hospital policies.
17. Adheres to all ADC policies & procedures.
18. Has regular & predictable attendance
What you need:
CERTIFICATES/LICENSES: Cytotechnologist (ASCP), NCA or equivalent preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree in related field with appropriate documented training program.
Physician Services Group is skilled in physician employment, practice and urgent care operations. We are experts in hospitalist integration, and graduate medical education. We lead more than 1,300 physician practices and 170+ urgent care centers. We are HCA Healthcare’s graduate medical education leader. We provide direction for over 260 exceptional resident and fellowship programs. We focus on carrying out value-added solutions. These solutions help physicians deliver patient-centered healthcare. We support HCA Healthcare's commitment to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Cytotechnologist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.