Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) NICU Registered Nurse PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's South Austin Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) NICU Registered Nurse PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
As a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Registered Nurse (RN), you will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, and implementing and evaluating care on infants. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, you will work collaboratively with the other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care.
* You will attend deliveries and performs neonatal stabilization and admission assessments of newborns
* You will create a plan of care, including discharge plans, revise the plans based on the patients’ response to treatment and regularly evaluate plans for effectiveness
* You will conduct on-going assessments of infants and communicate any changes to Nurse Practitioner or Neonatologist
* You will administer medications and complete treatments according to hospital policy
* You will assist transport teams in stabilization of infants and provide necessary support and documentation to facilitate the transfer
* You will provide support and education materials to families on homecare, treatments, adoption and support groups
* You will assist in high-risk deliveries and assist Nurse Practitioner with resuscitation
* You will delegate work appropriately to non-licensed staff in accordance with standards of practice
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Experience in an acute care setting – preferred
* Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN)
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification required as per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Registered Nurse, Certified in Neonatal Intensive Care Nursing (RNC-NIC) – preferred
* S.T.A.B.L.E. Neonatal Education Program Certification – preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David’s HealthCare. We are a 368-bed acute care facility offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties. Our services include a nationally accredited oncology program with the area’s only adult Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program; advanced trauma care with a Level II trauma center; comprehensive cardiac, stroke and orthopedic programs; full-service maternity and newborn care; and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop. St. David’s South Austin Medical Center is affiliated with the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. We offer advanced robotic services for orthopedics, open heart and lung surgery, complex GI surgery, surgical oncology, general surgery, colorectal surgery, and urology. It was one of the first hospitals in Central Texas to combine the use of CT imaging and robotics to detect early stage lung cancer.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our NICU Registered Nurse PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.