Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At HCA Florida Twin Cities Hospital our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) RN Outpatient Surgery PRN to join our healthcare family.
HCA Florida Twin Cities Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At HCA Florida Twin Cities Hospital, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse’s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our RN Outpatient Surgery PRN opportunity.
We are seeking an Outpatient Surgery RN to join our healthcare team. Your primary function is to care for adult and pediatric patients prior to surgery. is responsible for the observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized by the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and treatments. Also Phase II care to those who have received anesthesia, including: local with sedation, regional, general, or spinal. You will work with a phenomenal team that cares like family and works together in a collaborative manner.
In this role you will:
· Demonstrate knowledge and application of the nursing process in the peri-operative setting.
· Monitor the patient’s medical condition and report any significant changes to the physician or anesthesiologist/CRNA.
· Explain nursing procedures and actions taken to patient.
· Assess, collaborate and coordinate patient’s discharge planning needs and readiness for discharge with other members of the care team.
· Instruct patients in self-care techniques following the procedure.
· Associates Degree in Nursing or Diploma in Nursing Required, Bachelor Degree in Nursing preferred
· Florida RN license and/or approved multistate RN license required
· BLS-American Heart Association BLS Provider issued card required
· ACLS-American Heart Association ACLS Provider issued card required
· PALS-American Heart Association PALS Provider issued card required
· ASPAN preferred
· Acute care experience preferred
· Critical Care or PACU experience preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Twin Cities Hospital is a 65-bed hospital. Our medical staff includes more than 150 physicians. We are located at Highway 85 North and College Boulevard in Niceville. We offer all private rooms and the first local Certified Orthopedic Joint Replacement Program and Certified Spine Surgery Program. Our hospital has a state-of-the-art surgery center. Our services include emergency services, a critical care unit, and a Certified Diabetes Education Program. We offer a variety of inpatient and outpatient diagnostic imaging and laboratory services. We have the only local hospital-based Wellness Center. Our Wellness Center offers a variety of health-related seminars throughout the year. We are committed to patient-centered care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our RN Outpatient Surgery PRN opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.