This job posting is no longer active.
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Director Nursing Advocacy? At HCA Healthcare, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
HCA Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Director Nursing Advocacy like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
Advocating for the future of nursing involves interprofessional team members with varying skills, abilities, and knowledge. The Director of Nursing Advocacy & Leadership will design, facilitate, and coordinate nursing programs to advance the organizational nursing strategy and support the company mission. The nursing programs includes but not limited to nurse labor market, nurse resiliency and, corporate sponsored nursing advisory councils The Director of Nursing Advocacy & Leadership will possess excellent written and oral communication skills, along with organizational and negotiation skills that foster strong working relationships.
- Monitor and regularly analyze data to indicate the quality and effectiveness of program delivery, and provide feedback to ensure consistent effective program performance
- Leads the development of products appropriately scaled to HCA’s size and needs that are consistent with industry standards.
- Responsible for the design, development, and ongoing support of nursing councils’ recommendations that will deliver the defined Nursing Strategy to key stakeholders in the organization
- Facilitates and drives the most optimal processes by which the Nursing team collaborates and integrates internally and externally.
- Identify and evaluate various tools for target goals of achievement
- Develops web-based and intranet publications, materials and products to provide both incremental and long-term value that are aligned with HCA nursing agenda and organizational strategy (i.e. HCA Nursing Web page)
- Works collaboratively with nursing executive teams to identify and develop key organizational needs for nursing
- Partners effectively with key leaders to develop and deploy strategies to enhance awareness and effectiveness about Nursing initiatives
- Proactively identifies and addresses problems that may affect the timely completion of assignments and keeps leadership informed.
- Provide project management support for various nursing programs and other nursing leadership ad hoc meetings.
- Implement and manage the most effective and efficient organizational models of care delivery programs and projects to support the HCA Nursing Strategic Plan.
- Design and develop strategic supporting programs, tools and processes to facilitate the execution and alignment with annual nursing strategies and initiatives.
Education and Experience
- Master's preferred. Bachelor's Degree Required.
- Previous experience in managing clinical projects, developing and publishing documents and maintaining a corporate Intranet Site. Experience in technical communications.
- Strong communication skills.
- Expert user of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Work, Power Point, SharePoint, and Visio
- Tactical execution – demonstrates personal ownership of tasks and follows through to get the required results in the established timeframe.
- Requires 3 - 7 years of relevant program and project management work experience focused clinical operations
- Strong process improvement experience in a large-scale corporate environment required.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills required.
- Possess strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
HCA Healthcare (Corporate), based in Nashville, Tennessee, supports a variety of corporate roles from business operations to administrative positions. Like our colleagues in any HCA Healthcare hospital, our corporate campus employees enjoy unparalleled resources and opportunities to reach their potential as healthcare leaders and innovators. From market rate compensation to continuing education and career advancement opportunities, every person has a solid foundation for success. Nashville is also home to our Executive Development Program, where exceptional employees are groomed to take on CNO- and COO-level roles in our hospitals. This selective program focuses on ethics, leadership and the financial and clinical knowledge required of professionals at this level of the industry.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Director Nursing Advocacy opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This position is incentive eligible.