This job posting is no longer active.
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Behavioral Health Tech Nights today with HCA Florida Memorial Hospital.
HCA Florida Memorial Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Behavioral Health Tech Nights. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
We are seeking a Mental Health Tech to join our center who will provide clinical expertise to ensure all patients receive high-quality, efficient care. The Mental Health Tech is an integral part of a multidisciplinary patient care team. Under the direction of licensed nursing personnel and within the scope of training and hospital guidelines, you will perform a variety of technical and specialized skills that assist with addressing the treatment plan and needs of our patients.
What you will do in this role:
· You will help with data collection, identification of patient risk factors, general patient care, and documentation.
· You may observe and monitor patients deemed to be at risk to self or others.
· You will help provide care to all patients based on age specific development and cultural diversity.
· You may assist in the orientation of new employees as well as students and other trainees
· You must have effective communication skills in the English language; both orally and written.
· You will have the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously including demonstrating a proficiency in computer skills to ensure quality patient care.
What Qualifications you will need:
· Nursing Assistant (CNA) or Patient Care Tech/Behavioral Health Tech certification preferred
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Experience in Behavioral Health is preferred
· BLS – Healthcare Provider (American Heart Association or American Red Cross)
· Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) training within 90 days of hire then every calendar year
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Memorial Hospital has provided quality healthcare services since 1969, giving patients access to highly-trained physicians and advanced technology. With more than 50 years of pioneering healthcare, our 450+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities. We offer a range of services for our patients, including 24-hour emergency care at three different locations and a Level II trauma center. Other specialized programs include our accredited Chest Pain Center, certified Stroke Center, Heart Center, Bone and Joint Center, maternity center and much more. Memorial has received the Gold Seal of Approval for Primary Stroke Centers and is sepsis-certified by the Joint Commission.
At Memorial Hospital, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our Jacksonville community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Behavioral Health Tech Nights opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.