This position is incentive eligible.
Executives thrive with us! HCA Healthcare is one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services, comprising of over 180 hospitals and about 2,000 sites of care in 21 states and the United Kingdom. We are looking for a Chief Financial Officer for our HCA Florida Westside Hospital team where excellence creates excellence.
HCA Florida Westside Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
HCA Healthcare has expanded our influence across the healthcare industry by investing $3.5 billion in capital improvements in recent years. Do you want to be an influencer in healthcare? Apply for our Chief Financial Officer role today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Chief Financial Officer directs the financial and other departmental activities in accordance with defined hospital policies and objectives. Responsibilities include management of all financial departments, allocation of resources, and preparation of the annual budget. Departmental responsibility typically includes Accounting, Reimbursement, Managed Care, Health Information, and Utilization Review. Functions at an executive level in an active leadership role. The Chief Financial Officer is responsible to the Hospital CEO, and maintains business relationships with the Division CFO, Hospital CEO, COO, and CNO.
What you will do in this role:
- You will assume a lead role in analyzing and exploring means of reducing hospital operating costs and increasing revenues based on knowledge of market trends, financial reports and operating procedures.
- You will direct the preparation of internal financial reports, and ensuring that the reports reliably reflect the financial position of the hospital.
- You will direct the timely submission of all financial data associated reports required by government and other regulated agencies including payroll tax reports, public disclosure reports, and third party payor cost reports.
- You will identify and report undesirable trends and potential business opportunities and making recommendations for action.
- You will assist the CEO in the development of long and short range hospital operations plans which may include service demand analyses, resources availability analyses, productivity, and cost benefit analyses of proposed capital and staff expansions.
- You will develop long and short range operational and capital budgets which are supported by the hospitals long and short range plans and objectives.
- You will direct the preparation of hospital statistical reports, budgets, and financial reports.
- You will administer the general accounting, patient business services, including third party reimbursement, financial, and statistical reporting functions of the hospital in accordance with established policies and accounting procedures.
- You will provide informal direction in data processing, distributed systems, material management and medical record functions. Monitoring performance to ensure fiscal responsibilities are fulfilled.
- You will forecast the impact of business decision and expected outcomes on all financial results.
- You will monitor financial and economic information to identify trends and indicators that may impact business operations, planning, investments, and so forth.
- You will communicate financial operational performance with all stakeholders, including senior administration, appropriate facility staff members and Division Office.
- You will review denials issues and trends for maximizing net reimbursement for Facility.
- You will maintain accuracy of charge master.
- You will review contracts, purchase agreements, and other financial arrangements to ensure compatibility with business goals and expectations about profitability.
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor's degree Accounting, Finance, or related field required
- Master's degree preferred
- 4+ years of experience in a Hospital Controller, Asst. CFO, or VP of Finance role preferred
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
Westside Regional Medical Center is now HCA Florida Westside Hospital. Our healthcare facility has been serving the healthcare needs of people from Broward County, South Florida and around the world for more than 45 years. As a 24/7 comprehensive healthcare facility, our 250-bed hospital offers a full range of medical services, including emergency care, stroke care, orthopedics, cardiology, surgery and oncology.
HCA Healthcare (Corporate), based in Nashville, Tennessee, supports a variety of corporate roles from business operations to administrative positions. Like our colleagues in any HCA Healthcare hospital, our corporate campus employees enjoy unparalleled resources and opportunities to reach their potential as healthcare leaders and innovators. From market rate compensation to continuing education and career advancement opportunities, every person has a solid foundation for success. Nashville is also home to our Executive Development Program, where exceptional employees are groomed to take on CNO- and COO-level roles in our hospitals. This selective program focuses on ethics, leadership and the financial and clinical knowledge required of professionals at this level of the industry.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you're looking for a leadership opportunity that provides both personal satisfaction and professional growth, apply to join HCA Healthcare as a Chief Financial Officer. Unlock your leadership potential with HCA Healthcare.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.