This job posting is no longer active.
Do you have the career opportunities as a Floor Technician you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Trident Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are seeking a full time Floor Technician that will be assigned to a specific floor or unit within the hospital. The hours are 5:00 PM to 1:30 AM including rotating weekends.
Trident Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Floor Technician where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Our Floor Technicians are responsible for performing duties in accordance with established organizational policies and procedures for providing a safe environment, achieved by demonstrating the principles of cleaning, disinfection and quality assurance toward the reduction of harmful pathogens for the benefit of patients, visitors, and staff.
What you will do in this role:
· Performs all types of floor care, maintenance, and project work throughout the facility, include hard surfaces and carpeting (strip/refinish, scrub/recoat, buff, walls, other duties as assigned).
· Adhere to all organizational safety, risk management and infection control standards while promoting a culture of safety.
· Cleans and performs routine maintenance on floor equipment; requesting assistance from plant operations and maintenance as needed.
· Maintains accurate floor care logs and checklists.
· Operates all equipment with care and according to facility and manufacturers safety standards and procedures.
· Participates in departmental performance improvement initiatives, including but not limited to initiatives to improve HCAHPS scores as it relates to hospital cleanliness & “always quiet”
· Performs project work and specialty tasks according to facility needs. Can include tasks such as conference room set up/dismantle according to function sheets and schedules, cleaning of stairwells and elevators, and hanging of cubicle curtains.
· Remove waste and transport to appropriate disposal area while identifying proper waste stream (i.e. regulated medical, recycle, solid, and hazardous).
· Follow all infection prevention practices (i.e. proper cleaning process, hand hygiene, standard & isolation precautions where and if required and proper use of personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
· Recognizes and adheres to patient privacy requirements (HIPAA)
What qualifications you will need:
· High School Diploma or GED required
· Certified Health Care Environmental Services Technician (CHEST) desired
· 1-year Environmental Services Experience
· Previous floor care maintenance experience desired
Special Skills/ Equipment knowledge
· Knowledge and skills in the use of power equipment, conventional and high-speed floor machines, carpet cleaning equipment, wet, dry and power vacuum equipment and push sweeper.
· Effectively uses computers and mobile devices
· Communicates orally or in writing openly and candidly, creates an environment where can do likewise
· Respectfully listens to viewpoints and ideas of others
· Ability to work without close supervision
· Ability to operate necessary equipment/machines
Trident Medical Center is a 400+ bed acute-care facility located in South Carolina's Lowcountry, and is part of the national HCA Healthcare network. Our hospital’s services include a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, an award-winning Heart Center, the Trident Breast Care Center and the South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery. Trident Health is consistently named as one of the nation’s top hospitals for quality and safety by The Joint Commission.
At Trident Medical Center, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our Charleston community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Floor Technician Nights opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.