Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a Supply Chain Executive? At HCA Healthcare and HealthTrust, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
HealthTrust, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Chief Financial Officer of Supply Chain like you to be a part of our team.
This is an Executive level position responsible for the overall strategic and financial operations of Supply Chain Division (approximately 14-20 hospitals). This includes direct responsibility for accounting and finance, supply revenue integrity, and financial analysis. This position serves as the liaison for the transactional services of accounts payable. In addition, the Supply Chain CFO provides input to the processes for purchasing, customer service, internal control, contracting/sourcing, value analysis, clinical integration, and distribution. This individual is jointly responsible for managing over $300 million in annualized supply expenses through reviewing and optimizing the current GPO contract portfolio, developing comprehensive clinical and utilization protocols, and developing and executing a product standardization plan for the entire Division. This position supports the Supply Chain CEO in recruiting, directing, managing and evaluating over 175 FTEs located at the division, hospital ore remote locations through an annual operations budget in excess of $20 million. This individual is responsible for building strategic relationships and ongoing alliances with key hospital and Division(s) C-suite leaders and other stakeholders.
What you will do in this role:
Guarantee accurate and timely preparation, processing, distribution, and retention of all financial reports and records related to supply chain operations and hospital supply expense management
- Provides financial insight and input to value analysis and clinical integration activities
- Directs supply revenue integrity efforts to ensure accurate, consistent supply item charge capture in consolidated hospitals
- Work closely with Division and hospital controllers and accounting staff to ensure continuous communication and smooth processing of accounts payable, expense allocations, supply charge capture issues, and other financial issues
- Supervise and coordinate the following financial services: monthly and annual closing cycles, general ledger accounting and reconciliation, and budget review
- Maintains and ensures full compliance with all applicable Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) key internal controls
- Ensure timely completion of Supply Chain Post Close Review Guide
- Ensure consistent implementation of new accounts payable operating processes, standards, controls, and consolidation efforts across the division
- Monitor key operating statistics on a consistent basis
- Ensure adequate system of internal accounting control exists with appropriate separation of duties
- Monitor all CSC departments and facility supply chain departments adherence to payroll policies and procedures
- Coordinate with supply chain management, division financial personnel, and facility personnel in the creation of capital and operating budgets
- Prepare annual budget and analysis, review for accuracy, and submit to CEO and division leadership
- Prepare cost analysis, review expenses, and reconcile P&L accounts to ensure proper reporting of operations
- Ensure that overall systems are being optimized to ensure a high level of productivity is being achieved, while maintaining accuracy in the results
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate personnel to ensure quality of service and technical expertise
- Interact with division financial resources to collect supply chain financial and performance data and ensure accuracy of data reported by facilities
- Interpret and report trends in performance measurement data and recommend analytical or operational changes to maximize the supply chain organization financial and operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Collaborate with the HCA Information Technology and Supply Chain Organization to define data collection, data storage, and analysis systems solutions
- Provide the CEO and Group executives with financial reports according to corporate policy
- Provide assistance to all management staff related to the performance of financial management matters
- Track progress against budgets by groups and teams on a periodic basis and report to CEO, Group, Division, and Hospital C-Suite leaders and other key stakeholders
- Work with corporate, hospital, and Division leadership to build revenue and cost models
- Ensure compliance with government reporting requirements, including tax reports and payments
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
- Builds Supply expense and financial savings program
- CFO provides preparation and information in the MOR inclusive of the supply expense analysis and supply review
- Communicating expense plan to corporate and facility and stakeholders
- Monitoring that savings plan
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is required
- Minimum 5 years Accounting experience
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience
- Experience in hospital finance operations preferred
HCA Healthcare (Corporate), based in Nashville, Tennessee, supports a variety of corporate roles from business operations to administrative positions. Like our colleagues in any HCA Healthcare hospital, our corporate campus employees enjoy unparalleled resources and opportunities to reach their potential as healthcare leaders and innovators. From market rate compensation to continuing education and career advancement opportunities, every person has a solid foundation for success. Nashville is also home to our Executive Development Program, where exceptional employees are groomed to take on CNO- and COO-level roles in our hospitals. This selective program focuses on ethics, leadership and the financial and clinical knowledge required of professionals at this level of the industry.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our CFO Supply Chain opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This position is incentive eligible.