Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Vascular Technologist opening with St. David's North Austin Medical Center today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
St. David's North Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) Vascular Technologist for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary of the Vascular Technologist
Provides health care services, applying sound energy to assist in diagnosis or treatment. Perform ultrasonic imaging and related procedures in all areas of ultrasound. Demonstrates anatomy for interpretation and /or intervention by, or at the request of a licensed practitioner. Exercises professional judgment in performance of services and maintains a demeanor complementary to medical ethics. Applies appropriate patient care and recognizes patient conditions essential for successful completion of procedure. Applies knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span to identify patient and family requirements relative to age-specific needs.
Participates in providing patient specific care standards as directed, and follows service excellence standards to ensure high levels of patient satisfaction.
Responsibilities of the Vascular Technologist
- Consistently produce vascular scans of optimal diagnostic quality on patients ranging from Neonatal to Geriatric.
- Demonstrate knowledgeable and proficiency in vascular sonography.
- Identify upper/lower extremity venous anatomy.
- Identify collateral venous pathways in presence of disease.
- Perform upper/lower extremity Venous Duplex protocol for DVT or Venous Insufficiency.
- Identify upper/lower extremity arterial anatomy.
- Perform protocol for upper/lower extremity arterial flow exam.
- Identify extra cranial and intracranial anatomy.
- Perform Carotid Duplex exam protocol.
- Operate the Vascular Ultrasound units efficiently and effectively.
Qualifications of the Vascular Technologist
- Required: A single two-year allied health education program that is patient-care related (Allied health occupations include, but are not limited to, diagnostic medical sonographer, radiologic technologist, respiratory therapist, occupational therapist, physical therapist and registered nurse.) OR Graduate of a program accredited by an agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), United States Department of Education (USDOE) or Canadian Medical Association (CMA) that specifically conducts programmatic accreditation for diagnostic medical sonography, diagnostic cardiac sonography, or vascular technology. (Currently (as of 12/2013) the only organizations that offer programmatic accreditation under the aforementioned associations are the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) and the Canadian Medical Association (CMA))
- Preferred: Associates Degree or higher in related technological field.
- Required: One year of experience as a diagnostic medical sonographer.
- Preferred: One year of previous experience as a Radiologic Technician.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- BLS required per St. David’s HealthCare policy
- Preferred: Registered Technologist with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), post- primary certification in Sonography. Certified Medical Radiologic Technologist with the Texas Department of State Health Services.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
David’s North Austin Medical Center is a multi-specialty hospital in Texas with
more than 360 beds. The facility is home to St. David’s Children’s Hospital, St. David’s Women’s
Center of Texas featuring a Level III NICU, a Kidney Transplant Center, and the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. Additional services
offered at this medical center include 24-hour emergency care, heart and vascular care, neurology and
neurosurgery, rehabilitation services, and inpatient and outpatient surgery.
St. David’s North Austin Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, which is one
of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St.
David’s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two
local non-profits — St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the
delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Vascular Technologist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.