Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Surgical Technician Certified today with Memorial Satilla Health.
Memorial Satilla Health, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Surgical Technician Certified. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
The Surgical Technologist, in collaboration with the surgical team and under the supervision of the Registered Nurse, assumes responsibility for the care and safety of the perioperative patient, instrumentation, supplies, and equipment during surgical and other invasive and non-invasive procedures. The Surgical Technologist ensures effective communication with the circulator, the surgeon, the patient and their family, as well as the other members of the surgical team.
What you will do in this role:
· You will set up and manage instruments, equipment, and supplies for all surgical procedures
· You will be responsible for maintaining a sterile field while passing instrumentation during an invasive procedure
· You will perform appropriate counts with circulator prior to the operation and before incision is closed
· You will assist in patient positioning, transporting, and obtaining needed equipment
· You will clean and prepare instruments for terminal sterilization
· You will assist in prepping room for the next patient
What qualifications you will need:
· Graduation from an accredited school of Surgical Technologist or Certificate of Completion of the Operating Room Specialist Course from the Military is required
· A Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) is required in the South Carolina hospitals and is strongly preferred in the Georgia and Florida hospitals
· A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
· One to two years of OR experience is preferred
Memorial Satilla Health is a 230+ bed acute-care hospital serving the Middle-Georgia community for more than 60 years. Our hospital offers key services, including an ER where more than 45,000 emergencies are treated each year, Heart, Orthopedic, Surgery, Rehabilitation, Sleep and Birthing Centers and an extensive Mental Health program for seniors and those suffering with memory loss.
At Memorial Satilla Health, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our Waycross community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way. Waycross and its neighboring town of Blackshear, collectively offer excellent public schools, an active art and theater group, several golf courses, and an excellent array of hiking, fishing, camping and boating fun.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Surgical Technician Certified opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.