Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Occupational Therapist? At Del Sol Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
Del Sol Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Occupational Therapist like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
To plan, organize and conduct occupational therapy programs for inpatients designed to restore function, prevent disability following disease, injury, or loss of body parts within departmental guidelines.
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: Cardiac/cardiovascular, neuro, orthopedic, spine care, pulmonary including but not limited to CVA/TIA, joint replacement/fracture repair, etc
- Performs Assessments and Re-assessments: Assessment of patient is completed according to unit policy and professional standards of care. Collects appropriate and accurate subjective and objective data. Performs an accurate evaluation appropriate to the specific patient case scenario---according to current standards of clinical practice. Formulates appropriate assessment/re-assessments, treatment, plan of care, and goals, which are individualized to the specific patient. Re-assesses patient per dept policy; takes appropriate action based on re-assessment. Potential discharge needs are identified and documented.
- Treats Patients: Selects and applies appropriate occupational therapy techniques, procedures, exercises and therapeutic modalities based on current standards of clinical practice. Selects and utilizes rehab equipment in a safe and effective manner. Modifies the treatment program when indicated, in order to maximize patient progress.
- Documentation: Completes documentation on the same day that treatment was rendered. Documents on all appropriate forms. Documentation is accurate and meets generally accepted professional standards.
- Supervision: Appropriately directs the activities of COTA’s, OT technicians, students and volunteers. Ensures that treatment plans and documentation are carried out correctly by COTA’s, OT technicians (cannot document), and students. Initiates corrective action (in conjunction with director) when individuals supervised fall below standards.
- Interdisciplinary Interactions: Communicates and collaborates with interdisciplinary team regarding: patient status, discharge plans, equipment needs, and recommendations
- Quality: participates in continuous quality improvement and program development as assigned, to include but not limited to: data gathering, chart reviews, recommendations and implementation of quality assurance action plans.
- Department Compliance: Complies with Department Policy and procedures, Safety/Infection Control Plans/OSHA guidelines, Handbook, and standards of regulatory bodies (JCAHO, Medicare, CARF, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
Licensed by the Texas State Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners, BCLS
MS/MA in Occupational Therapy
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Functional Spanish Language recommended
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Del Sol Medical Centeris a full service, acute-care hospital in east El Paso, Texas. We have a Level II trauma designation. This facility has 300+ patient beds. Our range of services include emergency care, cardiac care, women’s services, Level III NICU, rehabilitation, a bariatric clinic, and a Minimally Invasive Surgery Center. Del Sol Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Occupational Therapist opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.