Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Cardia Device Technician? At HCA Florida Heart Institute, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
HCA Florida Heart Institute, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Cardia Device Technician like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
- Interrogate, interpret, and re-program cardiac devices with minimal physician supervision.
- Trouble shoot critical device issues and take immediate steps toward resolution.
- Collaborate with physicians regarding device status and accurately document device analysis in EMR for review.
- Educate patients on all aspects of their device including remote monitoring and follow-up protocol.
- Ensure charges are accurately captured for device interrogation.
- Schedule patients for device appointment follow up in EMR and remote website. Immediately contact “no show” patients to ensure they are re-scheduled.
- Assist EP nurses and non-physician practitioners in the delivery of patient teaching.
- Consistently travel to regional offices for assigned device clinics.
- Participate in positive, proactive inter- and intra-departmental communication. Promote a healthy clinical environment and good working relationships.
- Serve as resource to physicians and other practice employees regarding device patients and services.
- Keep equipment in good working condition and notify appropriate personnel of problem areas or safety issues.
- Ensure programming rooms are adequately stocked with necessary supplies.
- Participate in professional development activities and maintain professional affiliations.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience analyzing and reprogramming cardiac pacemaker and AICDs (Biotronik, Boston Scientific, Medtronic, and St. Jude) OR cardiac device technology certification from a recognized device training school.
- Experience reviewing and managing remote device transmissions (Carelink, Latitude, and Merlin).
- Current BLS certification preferred.
- Work Experience in lieu of Degree
Physician Services Group is skilled in physician employment, practice and urgent care operations. We are experts in hospitalist integration, and graduate medical education. We lead more than 1,300 physician practices and 170+ urgent care centers. We are HCA Healthcare’s graduate medical education leader. We provide direction for over 260 exceptional resident and fellowship programs. We focus on carrying out value-added solutions. These solutions help physicians deliver patient-centered healthcare. We support HCA Healthcare's commitment to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Cardia Device Technician opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.