Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At Heart Hospital of Austin we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) Cardiac PCU Registered Nurse and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
Heart Hospital of Austin offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Cardiac PCU Registered Nurse opening and continue to learn!
As a PCU Registered Nurse (RN), you will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, and implementing and evaluating care. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, you will work collaboratively with the other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care.
* Ability to formulate an individualized plan of care and revise plan by the patient’s response to treatment.
* Evaluate plan regularly for effectiveness.
* Communicates appropriately and clearly to Resource Nurse, Team Leader, and Physician.
* Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac monitoring identifies dysrhythmias and treats appropriately based on protocol.
* Able to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients per policy.
* Able to monitor hemodynamic status of patient and correctly interpret the results.
* Consults other departments as appropriate to provide an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
* Coordinates and supervises patient care as necessary.
* Other duties as assigned.
* 1-3 years of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Able to recognize cardiac rhythms – preferred
* Associate's degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited nursing program
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification – required within 90 days of hire
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Heart Hospital of Austin, which is part of St. David’s HealthCare, is a 58-bed hospital. We are one of the highest performing cardiovascular facilities in the nation. We specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease. It features a comprehensive 24-hour emergency department. We have an advanced Executive Wellness Program. Our six operating rooms (ORs), including three hybrid ORs serve the city of Austin. We have three catheterization labs and electrophysiology services as well. It is home to one of the largest non-academic cardiovascular research programs in the world.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Cardiac PCU Registered Nurse opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.