This job posting is no longer active.
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) LVN Radiology? At South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated LVN Radiology like you to be a part of our team.
Seeking a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) who will be an integral part of the health care team. The Licensed Vocational Nurse performs those functions assigned and supervised by the radiologists and lead biopsy technologists. This position is responsible for supporting technologists and physicians in interventional procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Knowing of the scope and limitations of the practice of vocational nursing.
2. Observing, recording and reporting information pertinent to the safe and effective care of the patients.
3. Maintaining current knowledge of the organizational structure and using appropriate channels of communication.
4. High interaction (verbal and written) with patients in the consenting and explanation of interventional procedures. Focused attention on previous interventions and current pharmacologic history.
5. Understands recalls and memorizes written and verbal instructions to insure proper protocols and equipment are utilized.
6. Assists physicians in the performance of interventional procedures. (Includes handling needles, sutures and other interventional supplies and equipment.)
7. Monitors the work flow schedule and keeps technologists, physicians, and scheduled patients apprised of any changes in the schedule.
8. Monitors inventory of supplies used in interventional procedures and maintains an adequate supply.
9. Insures proper cleanliness and sanitization of equipment and procedure rooms.
Additional Job Functions:
1. Supports the mission and vision of South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers and demonstrates excellent customer service at all times.
2. Understands and is committed to helping South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers and its
associated facilities achieve its goals.
3. Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
4. Adheres to the STRIC Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules and regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
5. Completes other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Graduate of an accredited program of licensed vocational nursing education. Previous experience is desirable, but not required.
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
Current license to practice vocational nursing in the state of Texas. Current CPR certification.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our LVN Radiology opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.