This job posting is no longer active.
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Registered Nurse Coordinator of Perioperative Services you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join UCF Lake Nona Hospital which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are offering a Sign on Bonus!
UCF Lake Nona Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) NP Coordinator Perioperative where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
We are seeking a Perioperative Coordinator NP to join our healthcare team. Your primary function is to work with patients throughout the process of achieving their weight-loss goals during the pre and post operational weight–loss surgeries. You will work with a phenomenal team that cares like family and works together in a collaborative manner.
In this role you will:
- Responsible for the coordination of care for all surgical specialties including thoracic and bariatrics.
- Serves as primary clinical nursing expert in area(s) of specialization. Oversees nursing interventions across the total range of complexity and evaluates the patient's response to treatment
- Seeks process improvement opportunities regarding supple utilization and charge captures. Acts as the primary liaison between the patient, surgeon, nursing, and technical staff.
- Provides education and support to the patients, and co-workers in the service line. Serves as a patient advocate. Treats patients, family member, surgeons, and all members of the health care team with courtesy and respect..
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary surgical team to identify patients with special needs; facilitate the flow of operative cases as to minimize delays in the operating room, and ensure availability of necessary equipment, instruments, and specialty products
- Serves as a patient advocate. Treats patients, family member, surgeons, and all members of the health care team with courtesy and respect..
- Assists candidates in completing required paperwork for surgery and meeting criteria for insurance coverage
- Insures accuracy of data entry in to all databases associated with clinical outcomes and accreditation. Compiles, analyzes, and reports on identified clinic data to assure accurate documentation and compliance with facility and regulatory standards. (ie. “MBSAQIP” accreditation)
- Anticipates needs and pursues opportunities to be of service to patients, families, and all members of the health care team
- Works with the Education/Quality Coordinator to assure onboarding/orientation of new hires, training, annual competency validation, and learning opportunities are available in the area of specialty.
- Oversees patient follow up and tracking program.
- Functions as a liaison between the hospital, clinic and surgical practice and works to build relationships with referring physicians
- Partners with others to identify and remove barriers that affect patient outcomes and facilitate solutions at a patient, unit, or system level.
- Assures judicious utilization of supplies and equipment during the peri-operative period. Monitors utilization statistics and adjust preference cards as needed.
- Works in concert with Supply Chain to ensure adequate quantities of needed supplies and equipment for OR rooms servicing their specialty surgeons.
- Provides guidance in helping nursing team members establish clinical priorities to meet each patient's unique needs.
- Role models flexibility for all nursing staff by accepting requests to participate in cases outside of his/her areas(s) of specialty as delegated.
- Graduation from an accredited school of Nursing or Graduate of a Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner Program.
- Florida NP license and/or approved multistate NP license required
- BLS-American Heart Association BLS Provider issued card required
- 3+ years Acute Care experience preferred
- ACLS-American Heart Association ACLS Provider issued card required
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida UCF Lake Nona Hospital is located in the southern Orlando suburb of Lake Nona, known as Medical City. We are a newly opened hospital. Our hospital provides full-service healthcare to Osceola County and surrounding communities. We offer a wide range of specialties including 24/7 emergency care, women's care, and comprehensive surgical services, including robotic surgery. We are home to the Advanced Imaging Center and a Family Birthing Unit. We are committed to patient-centered care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse Coordinator Perioperative opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.