Executives thrive with us! HCA Healthcare is one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services, comprising of over 180 hospitals and about 2,000 sites of care in 21 states and the United Kingdom. We are looking for an Assistant Chief Nursing Officer for our Trident Medical Center team where excellence creates excellence.
Trident Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
HCA Healthcare has expanded our influence across the healthcare industry by investing $3.5 billion in capital improvements in recent years. Do you want to be an influencer in healthcare? Apply for our Assistant Chief Nursing Officer role today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The role of the Assistant Chief Nursing Officer (ACNO) assists the CNO in executive-level management of resources, strategic planning and development of policies and procedures which ensure congruence with the mission and vision of the organization. The ACNO has operational and functional responsibility for a group of patient care areas and/or special projects or initiatives. The ACNO will develop communication, knowledge, leadership, professionalism, and business skills necessary to advance to a CNO.
What you will do in this role:
- You will, in collaboration with the CNO, formulate policies and procedures consistent with recognized standards of professional practice and reflecting the intent of regulatory standards and maintain authority, accountability, and responsibility for nursing services
- You will ensure that continuous performance improvement initiatives are designed to measure and improve the quality of care delivered and are consistent with the organization priorities
- You will work collaboratively with other patient care and support departments, fostering a climate of open communication and mutual problem solving activities. Initiates and participates in joint performance improvement activities
- You will assist in managing costs by continually seeking data that will identify opportunities and take action to eliminate non-value costs
- You will assume primary responsibility for projects or task groups as assigned, keeping colleagues informed of the progress toward desired outcome
- You will actively participates with others in planning activities associated with design or implementation of renovation or new construction of patient care areas
- You will collaborate with nursing educators to ensure that identified learning needs of the nursing staff are promptly addressed and that orienteers receive the proper preparation to become independent practitioners
- You will develop and maintain close working relationships with physician colleagues and other healthcare providers in assigned areas. Collaborates with these individual to set goals for the areas or develops action plans for patient care or system improvements
- You will perform other duties as assigned
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing required
- Master's degree in nursing or another appropriate postgraduate health science degree is required or proof of enrollment with a written plan to advanced degree completion is required
- 5+ years of experience in management and supervisory nursing role; most recent 3 of the last 5 years of leadership must have been in a direct leadership role in a hospital setting or direct patient care environment required or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Current Registered Nurse license without restrictions required
Trident Medical Center is a 400+ bed acute-care facility located in South Carolina's Lowcountry, and is part of the national HCA Healthcare network. Our hospital’s services include a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, an award-winning Heart Center, the Trident Breast Care Center and the South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery. Trident Health is consistently named as one of the nation’s top hospitals for quality and safety by The Joint Commission.
At Trident Medical Center, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our Charleston community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you're looking for a leadership opportunity that provides both personal satisfaction and professional growth, apply to join HCA Healthcare as an Assistant Chief Nursing Officer. Unlock your leadership potential with HCA Healthcare.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This position is incentive eligible.