Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Activity Therapist? At Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Activity Therapist like you to be a part of our team.
Responsible for contributing to the maintenance of a safe and therapeutic milieu through prompt reporting of observed behavior, milieu processes and other pertinent information. He/she will work closely with all health care providers to facilitate and coordinate efficient, effective, quality health care. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the appropriate life span; possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs; and, have the ability to provide care needed by the pertinent patient group(s). He/she will implement and/or comply with all the policies, procedures and standards of the unit, department and the institution.
Reports to the Director of Behavioral Health. Actively collaborates with other nursing staff, physicians, and members of other departments to facilitate provision of optimum patient care.
1. Through direct care, observation, and communication with the patient collects and documents patient behavioral and physical clinical data and observations
2. Assists with treatments or procedures within documented level of competency.
3. Collaborates with other treatment team members in patient treatment planning.
4. Provides behavioral health care interventions utilizing the least restrictive interventions.
5. Provides for the safety of patients, visitors and staff. Completes routine and special safety checks.
6. Assumes responsibility for completing all mandatory educational, health screening, CPR, and CPI requirements within designated time frame and for providing written verification of same for filing.
7. Actively participates in quality management activities by timely reporting of staff, family, visitor or quality concerns.
8. Uses the Microsoft e-mail system to routinely read e-mail messages
9. Facilitates and/or assists with patient community, education or activity groups. Documents patient's participation.
10. Uses the Meditech documentation system to document daily documentation of patient care.
11. Facilitates activity therapy groups and provides individual leisure/recreational counseling as indicated.
12. Manages safety and orderliness of activity therapy work areas.
13. Appropriately completes admission assessments within defined time frame.
14. Communicates effectively with staff, peers, Sr. Leader, external and internal customers.
15. Adheres to hospital policies and procedures; supports the mission of the hospital.
What qualifications you will need:
· BA/BS in art therapy, music therapy, occupational therapy or related field. Completion of supervised student internship or one year work experience.
Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist, or Recreation Therapist, or Occupational Therapy (OT), or Music Therapist, or Art Therapist, or Activities Therapist
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center has provided quality healthcare services since 2010. We give patient's access to trained physicians and advanced technology. Our 130+ bed hospital is one of the leading community hospitals for the Fredericksburg area. The center is a part of HCA Virginia, which is the commonwealth's most comprehensive healthcare network. We offer a wide range of inpatient and outpatient medical services. The services include a 24-hour emergency room, advanced-technology operating rooms, cancer care center, advanced imaging, heart and vascular care, obstetrics and neonatal care, intensive care and psychiatric care.
At Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Activity Therapist opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.