Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Patient Registrar PRN today with Methodist Hospital Stone Oak.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Patient Registrar PRN. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Essential Job Functions:
1. Takes requests for exams from physician offices, schedules patients for radiologic tests, procedures and admissions utilizing scheduling module; obtains accurate information on physician orders, pre-certifications and insurance plans, and enters the information into an appropriate system. Faxes and mails out reports to referring physicians. Separates batch reports and sends to appropriate areas to be place into patient’s medical records for in house patients, answers phones and intercoms, calls Doctors for Radiologists. Coordinates procedures for Radiologists and patients. Responsible for calling on-call teams for emergent cases after hours.
2. Informs patients or the physician office staff about any procedure requirements such as preps and signed order by physician.
3. Coordinates scheduling exams requiring anesthesia or sedation with Anesthesia Group and tech and setup from OR for the anesthesiologist to ensure the availability of staff and equipment.
4. Registers patients for services: obtains required authorizations, demographic and financial information for the patient’s medical and business office records and entering the information online. Will have patients fill out questionnaires appropriate to exam to be done.
5. Collects paperwork and ABN’s when necessary on each patient and aligns pertinent documents for establishing the patient’s medical records and financial file. Distributes documents to appropriate departments. When paper work is returned from departments it must be separated, organized and alphabetized before sending to medical records.
6. Collects deposits, deductibles, co-pays and other payments from patients to reduce bad dept expense and documents payment status in the system and charts. Prepares and submits daily deposits to cashier.
Additional Job Functions:
1. Supports the mission and vision of the Methodist Healthcare System and demonstrates excellent customer service at all times.
2. Understands and is committed to helping the Methodist Healthcare System and its associated facilities achieve its goals.
3. Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
4. Adheres to the MHS Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
5. Completes other duties as assigned.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is equipped with the most modern technology available. With over 280 beds, services include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, neonatology, oncology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and acute rehab services.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is accredited by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center and Chest Pain Center. The stroke rehabilitation program has received the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for Disease-Specific Care Certification of Stroke Rehabilitation. We belong to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. Our surgeons and technology offer minimally invasive options to patients. Surgeons from around the country come to train under our world class team. The hospital has been recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A and by Modern Healthcare as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare. We have also been recognized as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®. Finally, by Medicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation. The hospital is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive Medicare.gov’s 5-star rating. Join our team to be part of the innovation.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Patient Registrar PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.