DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team!
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Surgical Technologist to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Texas Orthopedic Hospital – Houston, TX
Surgical Technologist – Operating Room
Texas Orthopedic Hospital is a global leader in orthopedic care and houses the internationally recognized physicians of Fondren Orthopedic Group. We are a 65 bed hospital in the heart of the Texas Medical Center. Texas Orthopedic Hospital physicians, employees, and volunteers are committed to changing and improving the lives of patients by providing exceptional orthopedic care through innovative technology, ongoing outcomes research, and quality, cost-effective service.
Texas Orthopedic Hospital is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 18 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 12 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
• Responsible for evaluating and implementing care for assigned patients.
• Responsible for meeting Standards of Practice, managing supplies and equipment, and participates in maintaining proper inventory on all instruments in the department.
• Responsible for coordinating instrumentation and surgical supplies, and assisting in surgical suite preparation for a variety of surgical cases.
• Scrubs for a variety of surgical specialty cases and assists as needed in circulating duties.
• Assists in preparation of specimens, operation of equipment, and sterilization, and/or disinfection of equipment.
• Assists in the immediate post-surgical care of the patient and of equipment in order to provide a continuum of quality patient care.
• Graduate of accredited school of surgical technology or military equivalent, and current certification required.
What qualifications you will need:
• Current certification is required.
• 1 year of Operating Room experience is required in a hospital setting.
• American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification required.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.