Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Patient Transporter today with Trident Medical Center.
Trident Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a Patient Transporter. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
The Transporter efficiently and effectively transports patients, patient belongings, prosthetics and equipment to required appropriate locations within the facility following standard safety, hospital and department policies. The Transporter is a highly visible role in the hospital therefore you must always greet and offer assistance to customers throughout your work day.
We are seeking a part-time Patient Transporter for Saturday and Sunday from 5:30 AM to 6:00 PM.
What you will do in this role:
· You will assist clinical personnel in transferring patients to and from beds, wheelchairs or stretchers.
· You will transport patients safely in wheelchair, stretcher or ambulating facing forward, side rails up and at a safe pace.
· You will utilize appropriate positioning aides/devices to provide safety and comfort to the patient.
· You will be responsible for the transporting of items with the patient or separately such as oxygen or IV stands.
· You will maintain therapeutic communication with patient.
· You will assist in departmental cleaning and maintenance of supplies.
· You will assist in the movement of medical equipment within the facility.
· You will transport specimen, lab and pharmacy items, and equipment.
What qualifications you may need:
· A High School Diploma or equivalent is required
· A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required upon hire
· Prior Healthcare and/or Customer Service experience preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Trident Medical Center is a 400+ bed acute-care facility located in South Carolina's Lowcountry, and is part of the national HCA Healthcare network. Our hospital’s services include a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, an award-winning Heart Center, the Trident Breast Care Center and the South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery. Trident Health is consistently named as one of the nation’s top hospitals for quality and safety by The Joint Commission.
At Trident Medical Center, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our Charleston community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Patient Transporter opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.