***Up to $20,000 sign-on bonus available for qualified candidates***
Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At Memorial Health University Medical Center our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking an RN Case Manager to join our healthcare family.
Memorial Health University Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At Memorial Health University Medical Center, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse’s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our RN Case Manager opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications
We are seeking a Case Manager Registered Nurse for our department who will provide clinical expertise to ensure all patients receive high-quality, efficient care. With the use of your unique knowledge, skills and abilities, you will be able to make a significant and positive impact upon patient care.
What you will do in this role:
- You will be responsible for coordinating the plan of care for the patient stay, managing the length of stay, ensuring appropriate resource management, while developing a safe appropriate discharge plan.
- You will facilitate the progression and transition of care and identify patients who are at risk for adverse outcomes during the transition from one level of care/setting to another.
- You will perform a comprehensive assessment of psychosocial, medical and discharge needs of patients/family, along with an assessment of resources appropriate and available to them. You will reassess the patient’s clinical condition as indicated.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the post-acute medical needs and level of care are appropriate, in partnership with Social Services.
- You will evaluate progression of care using evidence-based tools and approved criteria (InterQual) throughout the episode of care; escalating progression and transition of care issues.
- You will make appropriate referrals to third-party payer, disease and case management programs for recurring patients and patients with chronic disease states.
- You will act as a liaison through effective and professional communications between and with physicians, patient / family, hospital staff, and outside agencies. You will serve as an advocate for patient's rights, needs and values.
What Qualifications you will need:
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate’s Degree in Nursing or higher is required. BSN highly preferred.
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
- 1-3 years of clinical, hospital nursing experience required.
- 2 years of experience in case management or critical care preferred
- Certification in case management or utilization review preferred
- InterQual experience preferred
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Memorial Health University Medical Center has provided quality healthcare services since 1955, giving patients access to highly-trained physicians and advanced technology. Our 600+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities that serves 35 counties across southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina. Located in Savannah, Georgia, we are a regional referral center for heart care, cancer care, trauma care, children's care, high-risk pregnancies and high-risk newborn care. Our hospital includes the region's only Level I trauma center and children's hospital, as well as the Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine.
At Memorial Health, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our RN Case Manager opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.