This job posting is no longer active.
Methodist Healthcare is excited to announce newly increased rates for all RNs! Apply to learn more!
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) RN WOCN PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Hospital Northeast which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Methodist Hospital Northeast, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) RN WOCN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Our Registered Nurses have access to a variety of resources to help you reach your goals including:
What You Will Do In Your Role:
· You will serve as a consultant in the management of patients with complicated fistulas, wounds, ostomies and incontinence and provides recommendations for the effective and appropriate use of specialty beds, wound care products and ostomy supplies.
· You will serve as primary patient educator for all patients undergoing ostomy surgery as well as resource person for patients who have had previous surgery. You will also provide ostomy marking prior to surgery as requested by a physician.
· You will serve as an educator in the treatment of patients with ostomies, altered skin integrity and urinary incontinence for patients, patient families, nursing staff, physicians, administration and other disciplines to augment and support education services.
· You will provide Outpatient Education with physician referral for patients with pouching problems or with skin problems related to the ostomy.
· You will establish relationships with others throughout the organization to develop a network, create mentoring opportunities, and seek out opportunities for integration and interaction within the healthcare system.
What qualifications you will need:
· A Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
· Minimum of six (6) months of clinical experience as a licensed Registered Nurse
· Current Registered Nurse License in the State of Texas or Multi-State Compact License (Employees with RN Compact License are required to obtain Texas RN License within 90 days of hire date)
· To be a graduate of a Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse Program, or must enroll within two months of hire.
No Travel Travel Required
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital Northeast is a 232 bed, full service hospital. We are home to the Joint Replacement Academy. We offer the latest treatment options for knee and hip pain. We house an impressive neurosurgical program. This program offers services from elective spine surgeries to advanced and comprehensive brain and spine care.
We are recognized by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association as a Certified Primary Stroke Center. We handle patients with urgency. We are acknowledged by the American College of Cardiology as an Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCIa. All complaints are handled crucially. We are identified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for having a Pathway to Excellence Program. We dedicate resources to our employees. We have received the Mission: Lifeline® Bronze Receiving Quality Achievement Award. This is awarded for implementing specific quality improvements. These measures were outlined by the American Heart Association. The improvements impact the treatment of patients who suffer severe heart attacks. This was outlined by the Texas Award for Performance Excellence. We have been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our RN WOCN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare in the most compassionate way possible.Learn more about HCA Healthcare chevron_right
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.