Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) CT Technologist PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's North Austin Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
St. David's North Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) CT Technologist PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary of the PRN CT Technologist
The CT Tech will coordinate services and activities specific to the Imaging area (CT and Radiology). Monitors all technical clerical functions, which include efficient patient throughput and effective utilization of equipment and human resources, based upon patient load. The CT Tech is responsible for performing CT scans and taking radiographs according to the standards and practices set forth by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists to assist in diagnosis or treatment. Performs Computed Tomography procedures to demonstrate cross-sectional anatomical images for interpretation by, or at the request of a licensed practitioner. Applies appropriate patient care and recognizes patient conditions essential for successful completion of the procedure. Ensures the staff is trained, competent and in-serviced regularly. Applies knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span to identify patient and family requirements relative to age-specific needs. Exercises professional judgment in performance of services and maintains a demeanor complementary of medical ethics.
Participates in providing patient specific care standards as directed, and follows service excellence standards to ensure high levels of patient satisfaction.
Responsibilities of the PRN CT Technologist
- Perform prescribed CT - Computed Tomographic procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in the use of CT scan equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of human anatomy and physiology.
- Document, on film or in writing, information seen during exam.
- Relay to physicians any relevant patient information.
- Apply principles of radiation safety to minimize risk to patient, self and others
- Participate in rotating call schedule.
- Performs other department related duties as needed.
- Participates in formal training programs and in-services.
Qualifications of the PRN CT Technologist
- Graduate of an educational program in radiology accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) or graduate of an American Medical Association approved program in Radiologic Technology or a military training program of equivalent standards.
- Preferred: Associates Degree or higher in Radiologic Technology.
- One to two years of previous experience performing CT - Computed Tomography procedures is preferred.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Licensed by Texas Department of State Health Services as a Medical Radiologic Technologist
- Certified in Radiology by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT)
- Post- primary CT certification within 6 months of CT assignment. If hired prior to 4/13/12 and been performing x-rays since 1987 AND was grandfathered in by the state of Texas, only CMRT required
- BLS certification required per St. David’s HealthCare policy
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
St. David’s North Austin Medical Centeris a multi-specialty hospital in Texas with more than360 beds. The facility is home toSt. David’s Children’s Hospital,St. David’s Women’s Center of Texasfeaturing a Level III NICU, a Kidney Transplant Center, and theTexas Institute for Robotic Surgery. Additional services offered at this medical center include 24-hour emergency care, heart and vascular care, neurology and neurosurgery, rehabilitation services, and inpatient and outpatient surgery.
St. David’s North Austin Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our CT Technologist PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status