Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Medical Technologist? At Memorial Health University Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
Memorial Health University Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Medical Technologist like you to be a part of our team.
What you will do in this role:
· You will perform all approved laboratory procedures in assigned areas of licensure, which may require a high degree of theoretical knowledge and technical expertise in licensed areas
· You will be empowered to exercise independent judgment under minimum to moderate degree of supervision.
· You will demonstrate skills in performing routine procedures, interpreting results and taking appropriate actions when necessary, organizing workload to achieve efficiency and report results in a timely manner according to patient needs.
· You will exercise judgment to determine the acceptability or rejection of results according to standards set for tests, and request assistance when needed from more experienced medical technologists or technical manager.
· You will perform, record, and document corrective action when quality control results are not within defined limits and adhering to the established policies, procedures and CAP proficiency guidelines.
· You will follow best practice methodologies prescribed, demonstrating your skill and ability to following laboratory compliance policies and procedures.
· You will ensure that the proper operation for high-quality test performance is achieved by performing daily maintenance, while ensuring an awareness of supply stock and replenishing methods.
· You will practice infection control by careful hand washing and by wearing personal protective equipment, for the safety of patient and self, while maintaining a well-kept work area.
· Must be currently registered as a Medical Laboratory Scientist or Medical Technologist by ASCP
· BS in Medical Technology or Baccalaureate degree plus completion of a NAACLS accredited Medical Technology program
· Hospital laboratory experience preferred
Memorial Health University Medical Centerhas provided quality healthcare services since 1955, giving patients access to highly-trained physicians and advanced technology. Our600+ bed hospitalis one of the region's leading acute care facilities that serves 35 counties across southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina. Located in Savannah, Georgia, we are a regional referral center for heart care, cancer care, trauma care, children's care, high-risk pregnancies and high-risk newborn care. Our hospital includes the region's onlyLevel I trauma center and children's hospital, as well as the Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine.
At Memorial Health, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our MT opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.