Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a Histology Tech you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Trident Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Trident Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Histology Tech PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
The Histotechnologist is a vital part of the Laboratory. You will be working with a professional staff that is very knowledgeable in Anatomic Pathology. You will serve as a key position of the interdependent team, and hold responsibility for achieving positive patient and department outcomes
What you will do in this role:
· You will be responsible for receiving, accessioning and preparing stained slides from tissue and biopsies submitted to Anatomic Pathology for review by a pathologist.
· You will be responsible for the preparation of frozen section specimens for review by a pathologist.
· You will assist the Technical Manager by performing specific managerial or supervisory tasks.
· You will provide technical guidance to colleagues in regards to abnormal and/or Critical patient results, quality control problems, and workload problems.
· You will follow best practice methodologies prescribed, demonstrating your skill and ability to following laboratory compliance policies and procedures.
· You will practice infection control by careful hand washing and by wearing personal protective equipment, for the safety of patient and self, while maintaining a well-kept work area.
What qualifications you will need:
· Bachelor’s Degree required.
· License/Certification Required American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP), HTL License/Certification Preferred
· Completion of formal training in histology. ASCP Histotechnologist (HTL) certification and at least (1) year histotechnology experience.
· Training in all phases of histotechnology. Can distinguish colors, demonstrates independent judgment, demonstrates good communication and interpersonal skill, requires coordination and good manual dexterity skills, demonstrates initiative, possesses ability to work under stress, and demonstrates ability to organize
Trident Medical Center is a 400+ bed acute-care facility located in South Carolina's Lowcountry, and is part of the national HCA Healthcare network. Our hospital’s services include a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, an award-winning Heart Center, the Trident Breast Care Center and the South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery. Trident Health is consistently named as one of the nation’s top hospitals for quality and safety by The Joint Commission.
At Trident Medical Center, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our Charleston community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Histology Tech PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.