Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a Medical Technologist you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Summerville Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Summerville Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Medical Technologist PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Our Medical Technologists are responsible for providing patients and physicians with accurate and timely results to aid them in diagnosis and treatment of patients. The Medical Technologist performs tests and reports results of requested laboratory procedures.
What you will do in this role:
· You will perform all approved laboratory procedures in assigned areas of licensure, which may require a high degree of theoretical knowledge and technical expertise in licensed areas
· You will be empowered to exercise independent judgment under minimum to moderate degree of supervision.
· You will demonstrate skills in performing routine procedures, interpreting results and taking appropriate actions when necessary, organizing workload to achieve efficiency and report results in a timely manner according to patient needs.
· You will exercise judgment to determine the acceptability or rejection of results according to standards set for tests, and request assistance when needed from more experienced medical technologists or technical manager.
· You will perform, record, and document corrective action when quality control results are not within defined limits and adhering to the established policies, procedures and CAP proficiency guidelines.
· You will follow best practice methodologies prescribed, demonstrating your skill and ability to following laboratory compliance policies and procedures.
· You will ensure that the proper operation for high-quality test performance is achieved by performing daily maintenance, while ensuring an awareness of supply stock and replenishing methods.
· You will practice infection control by careful hand washing and by wearing personal protective equipment, for the safety of patient and self, while maintaining a well-kept work area.
What qualifications you may need:
· Must be currently registered as a Medical Laboratory Scientist or Medical Technologist by ASCP
· BS in Medical Technology or Baccalaureate degree plus completion of a NAACLS accredited Medical Technology program
· Hospital laboratory experience preferred
Trident Medical Center is a 400+ bed acute-care facility located in South Carolina's Lowcountry, and is part of the national HCA Healthcare network. Our hospital’s services include a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, an award-winning Heart Center, the Trident Breast Care Center and the South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery. Trident Health is consistently named as one of the nation’s top hospitals for quality and safety by The Joint Commission.
At Trident Medical Center, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our Charleston community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Medical Technologist PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
In compliance with the emergency regulation issued by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) dated November 4, 2021, and company policy, this role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations, or to have applied for a medical or religious exemption (including booster for California).
What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare in the most compassionate way possible.Learn more about HCA Healthcare chevron_right
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.