Hematology and Medical Oncology
Job Summary:Tulane University School of Medicine, Section of Hematology and Oncology, is seeking candidates for an Assistant Professor of Medicine and Stem Cell Transplant Specialist.
- Join a robust academic group of clinical educators providing care at university-affiliated hospitals in the New Orleans Metropolitan area.
- Candidates will receive an academic appointment at Tulane School of Medicine at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor level dependent on previous academic accomplishments and experience.
- The Tulane Hematology-Oncology group is committed to providing outstanding patient care, through cutting edge research trials with a strong focus on clinical research.
- Seeking an individual with excellent clinical skills and a commitment to excellence in patient care
- Clinical experience, preferably in an academic setting
- Experience in basic, translational or clinical cancer research
- The successful candidate will be a competent, compassionate physician who is interested in a clinical practice focused on hematologic malignancies and oncology.
- Candidates must have completed a fellowship in medical hematology/oncology with additional training in stem cell transplantation
- Board certification in medicine is required and board certified/eligible in either hematology or medical oncology
- Candidates from underrepresented minorities are encouraged to apply
- Eligible for licensure in the state of Louisiana
About Tulane Medical Center:
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- 403(b) university funded retirement plan
- Outstanding educational benefits including tuition waiver and option to participate in the tuition exchange program
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness program
- Family-friendly work environment complete with two child care centers on the downtown and uptown campuses
New Orleans, LA, nicknamed the “Big Easy,” offers an unparalleled nightlife and music scene. It also delivers a world-famous food and culinary experience unlike any other. The city has been named #1 Most Improved on the “Best Business Cities” list by the Wall Street Journal. There are numerous neighborhoods to explore especially if you are seeking charm and character - Warehouse District, Garden District, Gentilly, and many others. Whether a townhouse, double gallery home, center-hall or bungalow – we have the community for you. Some of the biggest employers in the city include Tulane University, Entergy Corporation, and Whitney Holding Corp.
- Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research, and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane physicians provide leading-edge care ranging from primary to tertiary to quaternary in a vast number of specialties.
- With 235+ beds and 600+ physicians, Tulane Medical Center continues to grow to reflect the changing needs of the community. In addition to the downtown campus, Tulane Medical Center includes the Tulane Hospital for Women and Children campus in Metairie and the Lakeview Regional Medical Center campus in Covington.
- Within walking distance of the French Quarter, the New Orleans hospital provides expert medical care for children and adults. Our doctors specialize in the routine care of infants, children, adolescents, and adults, providing a wide range of family care services.
- Our mission is to provide world-class patient care, education, and research.