This job posting is no longer active.
Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Social Worker LMSW with Tulane Medical Center you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
Tulane Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Tulane Medical Center family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Social Worker LMSW to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Interviews patients and relatives to obtain social history relevant to medical problems and planning. Assists patients with environmental difficulties that interfere with obtaining maximum benefits from medical care. Serves as liaison between medical and nursing staffs, patients, relatives and appropriate outside agencies. Interprets and assists in resolving social problems that relate to medical condition and/or hospitalization. Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Completes psychosocial assessments and formulates an appropriate treatment plan including clinical impressions and goals.
- Responds to, evaluates and intervenes in crisis situations.
- Counsels patients and families throughout the process of adjustment to illness and hospitalization.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary staff to formulate and implement treatment and discharge plans.
- Provides and/or facilitates referrals, resources and services requests.
- Executes documentation and reporting requirements.
- Applies knowledge of growth and development in patient interactions and treatment.
What qualifications you will need:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Master of Social Worker degree from an accredited school of Social Work with completion of, at a minimum, LMSW licensure within 90 days of hire with the Louisiana State Board of Social Work Examiners, American Heart Association CPR certification required.
- Education: MSW required.
- Experience: Previous social work experience in a behavioral or health care setting preferred.
- Special qualifications: An LMSW may, as stated by the Louisiana State Board of Social Work Examiners, engage in advanced social work practice based on the application of social work theory, knowledge, ethics, and methods to restore or enhance social, psychosocial, or biopsychosocial functioning of individuals, couples, families, groups, organizations, and communities. The licensed master's social worker's practice requires the application of specialized knowledge and advanced practice skills which include prevention and/or intervention, service or treatment planning and evaluation, case management, information and referral, counseling, employee assistance services, addiction services, advocacy, teaching, research, supervision, consultation, community organization, and the development, implementation, and administration of policies, programs, and activities. Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Excellent skills in written and oral communication and guest/patient/family dynamic relations; knowledge in human growth and development and emotional needs of children, adolescents and adults as well as the special needs of chemical dependent and/or abused clients; advanced organizational, problem solving and leadership skills; skills in documentation and record-keeping; marketing strategies; advanced skills in providing supportive counseling, skills in maintaining information as confidential; advanced knowledge and/or standards of ethical and quality care.
- Work schedule: Full-time - Monday-Friday(8:00 AM – 4:30 PM) - additional shifts may be required to meet the staffing needs of the department.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Tulane Medical Center is a 235+ bed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 World’s Best Hospitals found in the United States. We were the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list. At Tulane Medical Center, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. We are equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Social Worker LMSW opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.