This job posting is no longer active.
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a RN Manager Bone Marrow Transplant today with Tulane Medical Center.
At Tulane Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated RN Manager like you to be a part of our team.
The Life of an HCA Nurse
Oncology nurses are experts at providing compassionate care and support to patients that have cancer. They monitor patients after surgery, administer chemotherapy, and help patients to access resources needed to ease their journey. They work in a variety of settings – including hospitals, clinics, and transplant units.
About this unit:
- 16-bed Oncology unit, part of the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Network
- Recognized as a Top HCA Unit of Distinction in 2020
- Teamwork is the core of how we operate
- Engagement of Leadership – Everyone on the team is motivated and patient focused
- Oversees and directly supervises all department areas and staff, including interviewing, coaching, counseling, orientation, training and evaluation within established guidelines.
- Ensures adequate staff coverage for assigned department areas according to projected patient load and established budget.
- Monitors the day to day operations of assigned department staff, reacting effectively and efficiently to unplanned circumstances, demands and challenges facing the department to ensure consistent quality of service.
- Demonstrates expertise in hospital and department processes and keeps staff updated by remaining current with hospital and department guidelines, federal, state, regulatory & other governing policies, procedures or guidelines.
- Coordinates the departmental staff performance and improvement process including the preparation, analysis and submission of required reports.
- Updates and improves the department processes and workflow.
- Participates as requested on teams, committees, and special projects both internal and external relating to Department and Hospital Services.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
- Current Louisiana or Compact RN license required
- CPR and ACLS required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Three years oncology experience require
With 235+ beds, Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities across the globe. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 “World’s Best Hospitals” found in the United States and the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list.
At Tulane, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.